Megaworks blew after 18months

cesspool17

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2005
Well, I am pissed off and disapointed to say the least. 18 months after purchasing the Creative Megaworks 510D speakers, the subwoofer has blown.

I was watching an episode of 4400 at normal volume...the speaker noise just sorta rev'ed up into a high buzzing noise and the sub died.

I dont even know where to take it in to get fixed cause APPARENTLY...creative labs wont even respond to a tech. support question unless the product is under warrenty. So basically, I'm SOL, and now wishing I had went with Logitech...

ok vent over....anyone else have problems with their 500W speaker system to make me feel better?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sounds like it blew the amp!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
creative labs wont even respond to a tech. support question unless the product is under warrenty.
Shocking. Gee, Creative Labs has always had such great support. [/sarcasm]

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

I had a sub go out on me [Not Creative] and all it was, was a blown capacitor, and when the capacitor blew, it blew the fuse, soldered in a new capacitor popped in a new fuse and was back in business.

Cost me about 3 bucks or so to fix!

If you're electrically inclined at all you could at least take a look inside or take it to a local repair shop in your town if you are electrically clueless.

Just a suggestion! :smile:

<font color=blue>AMD XP 3200+ / Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe / Corsair XMS PC3200 1024mb LLC2 / ATI X850 Pro / SoundBlaster X-FI / 2 Seagate SATA 7200rpm/8mb / Plextor PX-716A DVDRW</font color=blue>