i8600- Listening to a Music CD burnt on a DVD

Paul

Splendid

Can anyone tell me whether or not a self compiled music CD (ala mp3's) burnt onto a DVD using the
"_NEC DVD +RW ND5100A" drive will play in a normal car CD player or home CD player?

Thanks.

"Paul" <palomarsunREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Can anyone tell me whether or not a self compiled music CD (ala mp3's)
burnt onto a DVD using the
| "_NEC DVD +RW ND5100A" drive will play in a normal car CD player or home
CD player?

| Thanks.

A DVD of any sort will not play in a CD player.

--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

If you use a CD (not a DVD) and burn it as an AUDIO CD rather than MP3, than
it will.

A data CD of MP3 files will not.

Tom

HillBillyBuddhist wrote:

> "Paul" <palomarsunREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Can anyone tell me whether or not a self compiled music CD (ala mp3's)
> burnt onto a DVD using the
> | "_NEC DVD +RW ND5100A" drive will play in a normal car CD player or home
> CD player?
> |
> | Thanks.
>
> A DVD of any sort will not play in a CD player.

Maybe it was a trick question! <g>

Notan

Both my car CD player and my home DVD player will play data CDs with
multi-level folders (artist name and name of album etc). My car CD player
displays the name of the artist and the name of the song.

> If you use a CD (not a DVD) and burn it as an AUDIO CD rather than MP3,
> than it will.
>
> A data CD of MP3 files will not.
>
> Tom
> "Paul" <palomarsunREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me whether or not a self compiled music CD (ala mp3's)
>> burnt onto a DVD using the
>> "_NEC DVD +RW ND5100A" drive will play in a normal car CD player or home
>> CD player?
>>
>> Thanks.

You have newer cars than I do :)

> Both my car CD player and my home DVD player will play data CDs with
> multi-level folders (artist name and name of album etc). My car CD player
> displays the name of the artist and the name of the song.

>> If you use a CD (not a DVD) and burn it as an AUDIO CD rather than MP3,
>> than it will.
>>
>> A data CD of MP3 files will not.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Paul" <palomarsunREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone tell me whether or not a self compiled music CD (ala mp3's)
>>> burnt onto a DVD using the
>>> "_NEC DVD +RW ND5100A" drive will play in a normal car CD player or home
>>> CD player?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Paul

Splendid

Thanks Steve and everyone for your help.
In the past I have burnt and listened to music without any problems in my car stereo, this was done
as a data disk with mp3 files on a CD, but never mp3 files or songs burnt as an AUDIO CD on a DVD.
In any case you have all answered my question and I thank you very much for your time.
Regards.

"Steve W." <Dugdug56@what.com> wrote in message news:1127444651_4711@spool6-east.superfeed.net...

> Both my car CD player and my home DVD player will play data CDs with
> multi-level folders (artist name and name of album etc). My car CD
player
> displays the name of the artist and the name of the song.

> > If you use a CD (not a DVD) and burn it as an AUDIO CD rather than
MP3,
> > than it will.
> >
> > A data CD of MP3 files will not.
> >
> > Tom
> > "Paul" <palomarsunREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Can anyone tell me whether or not a self compiled music CD (ala
mp3's)
> >> burnt onto a DVD using the
> >> "_NEC DVD +RW ND5100A" drive will play in a normal car CD player or
home
> >> CD player?
> >>
> >> Thanks.

If you put the mp3s on a CD it should work OK, IF your cars CD player
can play MP3s, Many cannot GM factory units won't for instance CDA only
on them. Same thing with a home CD player, some can play MP3 some
cannot. However neither will read off of a DVD because the track
arrangement is different. BUT if you have a home DVD player that can
handle MP3 on CDs it MAY read them off the DVD, depends on how they have
the machine programmed.