Basement pin

Hello all. I have a new pin in my unfinished basement. It played
great the first few days, now it is slow and the flippers seem dead.
Could it be the moisture of the basement? Any thoughts? The pin is
F-14 by the way so I now it is supposed to be lightning fast! :)

Michael

It could be if someone in the past has sprayed WD40 or similar on the
solenoid plungers. If you lift up the playfield and try to move the
flippers by hand (power off, please) see if they move freely. If there
seems to be any gunk the flippers will all need to be disassembled and
the parts cleaned really well or replaced. (Wd40 inside the coil means
it has to be replaced though.)

If all the action is poor, (like from the jet bumper or the ball launch
into locks) look for problems with voltage. (Lower than normal).

Its has to be something with the machine. I have 6 pins in an
unfinished basement (sandstone walls) and I never had any problem with
the pins.

brivy

Its has to be something with the machine. I have 6 pins in an
unfinished basement (sandstone walls) and I never had any problem with
the pins.

brivy

Its has to be something with the machine. I have 6 pins in an
unfinished basement (sandstone walls) and I never had any problem with
the pins.

brivy

It can be partly due to humidity, but not completely.

I noticed a BIG difference in play on my Simpsons when the humidity changed.
At 40%, it played sweet and fast. Lower or higher moisture and it just
seemed sluggish.

Buy a Hygrometer. They are WELL worth it and try to maintain a constant
humidity level. I've read that between 30% and 50% is fine, but I found
that 40%-43% seems to make the pin play the best. It'll also help keep the
playfield and backglass in good shape.

Bill