Desktop background color

I know this is simple but it's driving me nuts that I cannot fix it. The
Help desk just updated my computer and now there are boxes surrounding the
names of the desktop icons. I do not want these boxes. When I change the
desktop color, it changes the color of these boxes. How do I fix this so
there is no box and it is clear with just the names. I can't stand looking
at this! Thanks!

See:
Desktop icons and icon labels may not display background transparency or the
drop shadow effect in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"woods1119" <woods1119@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know this is simple but it's driving me nuts that I cannot fix it. The
> Help desk just updated my computer and now there are boxes surrounding the
> names of the desktop icons. I do not want these boxes. When I change the
> desktop color, it changes the color of these boxes. How do I fix this so
> there is no box and it is clear with just the names. I can't stand
> looking
> at this! Thanks!

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

woods1119 wrote on Mon, 1 Aug 2005:

>I know this is simple but it's driving me nuts that I cannot fix it. The
>Help desk just updated my computer and now there are boxes surrounding the
>names of the desktop icons. I do not want these boxes. When I change the
>desktop color, it changes the color of these boxes. How do I fix this so
>there is no box and it is clear with just the names. I can't stand looking
>at this! Thanks!

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, Advanced tab, Performance
section Settings button. In the list of visual effects go to the
last-but-one -- Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop -- and
check it. Ok your way out and you're done :)

--
Nightowl

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I know this is simple but it's driving me nuts that I cannot
> fix it. The
> Help desk just updated my computer and now there are boxes
> surrounding the
> names of the desktop icons. I do not want these boxes. When
> I change the
> desktop color, it changes the color of these boxes. How do I
> fix this so
> there is no box and it is clear with just the names. I can't
> stand looking
> at this! Thanks!

"I can’t stand looking at this!"

Close your eyes when you look at the screen.

Open system properties, go to Advnaced, click the Performance Settings
button, and ensure that "Adjust for best apperance" is checked, if it
is alredy cheded, check a diffrant setting, click applie, and then set
it back to best apareance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Desktop-background-color-ftopict403242.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1335267

TRENDING THREADS