Sign in with
Your question

Does burning software come with most DVD-RW drives

Last response: in Storage
October 6, 2005 4:59:59 PM

I am building a brand new system and wondered if CD/DVD burning software came with most retail versions of DVD-RW drives. If so, does anyone have recommendations on what company's included software is best?
October 6, 2005 9:03:17 PM

of course, but it's up to the way you purchase it. meaning you CAN for example, use NEWeGG.com and order specifically JUST the drive.. OEM usually... or you can go with the retail package which is usually a few bucks more nothing rediculous and it will come with cables, booklets, cd's... blank dvds... etc.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
Related resources
October 7, 2005 3:12:43 AM

Even my oem drive came with nero express.

Since you're looking into a retail drive, find one that comes with a full version of Nero 7.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny
October 7, 2005 5:39:20 AM

Nero 7 is not released yet, and I don't think any $40 burner is going to come with premium version of Nero 7

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>
October 25, 2005 5:07:23 AM

I'm looking at buying most of my stuff from ZipZoomFly.com and they have the BenQ 1625 retail with that Lightscribe technology for labeling for $60.00. Seems like a good price.

I'd prefer silver to match the aluminum case I'm choosing and was also considering the NEC 3540A because of that, but no one seems to have a retail version of that one.

If it says OEM, do they sometimes include basic software anyway?
October 25, 2005 6:54:11 AM

Included software depends on the retailer. I just bought a BenQ 1640 OEM from NewEgg last week and they included Nero 6.6 with it but it was not mentioned on their site when I ordered. A pleasant surprise.

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile:
October 26, 2005 2:17:59 AM

Same here. Except I bought it from another vendor. What do you think of the drive? What media are you using?

Nice to see you again Papa Bear!

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny
October 26, 2005 4:03:32 AM

Yo! dh. I really like the drive. It is quiet and fast with very few PIF errors. I like Verbatim (Mitsubisi MCC003 at 12x and
RICOHJPN R03 004 at 16x) the best. I flashed to the latest BSLB firmware (came with BSHB) and have had no coasters.
I use +R media because it works in everything I have.
I had a tough time choosing between the NEC 3540a, Plextor 740a and the BenQ DW1640. My choice was:
#1 BenQ DW1640
#2 NEC 3540a
#3 Plextor 740a (Found out its is a rebadged BenQ DW1640! So why pay more?)

Good to hear from you again dh, I think the last time was at BT's.

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
October 26, 2005 6:29:28 PM

Thanks.

!