Hi

I've enabled All Protection and closed the application as stated in the Help
file. How do I know that I am protected? I checked my Processes but cannot
find the file.

Look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
Julia

peter

You are protected. But you need the right group for SB...
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

In article <ONdRWerlFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Julia"
<noreply@mail.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I've enabled All Protection and closed the application as stated in the Help
>file. How do I know that I am protected? I checked my Processes but cannot
>find the file.
>
>Look forward to your reply.
>Thank you.
>Julia

Spyware Blaster doesn't run a process after you close the application.
It protects your system by changing settings to prevent spyware from
being installed.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

mattk

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

Goto Internet options

Security tab -> Restriced sites -> Click on "Sites" button.
and
Privacy tab -> Click on "Sites" button.

You will see bunch of website address in list box.
These sites are set by Spywarebaslter software.

That's how you get protection from Spywareblaster.

Spywareblaster doesn't use actual program to protect. It set internet options
to protect from unwanted websites.

"Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:ONdRWerlFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I've enabled All Protection and closed the application as stated in the Help file. How do I know
> that I am protected? I checked my Processes but cannot find the file.
>
> Look forward to your reply.
> Thank you.
> Julia

SpywareBlaster does not provide 'active' or 'real-time' protection against
harmful processes. It blocks sites that are known to distribute
spyware/adware/malware and harmful scripts.

There are products that provide real-time protection, including Microsoft's
free AntiSpyware program:

Other options:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've enabled All Protection and closed the application as stated in the
> Help file. How do I know that I am protected? I checked my Processes but
> cannot find the file.
>
> Look forward to your reply.
> Thank you.
> Julia

Thanks alot. That's very helpful.

"MattK" <mattk@msn.com> wrote in message
> Goto Internet options
>
> Security tab -> Restriced sites -> Click on "Sites" button.
> and
> Privacy tab -> Click on "Sites" button.
>

> You will see bunch of website address in list box.
> These sites are set by Spywarebaslter software.
>
> That's how you get protection from Spywareblaster.
>
> Spywareblaster doesn't use actual program to protect. It set internet
> options
> to protect from unwanted websites.
>

> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I've enabled All Protection and closed the application as stated in the
>> Help file. How do I know that I am protected? I checked my Processes
>> but cannot find the file.
>>
>> Look forward to your reply.
>> Thank you.
>> Julia

Hi Julia,

SpywareBlaster:

SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware – it prevents it from ever being
installed. SpywareBlaster is a non memory resident utility. It works by setting a "kill
bit" for the CLSIDs of spyware ActiveX controls in the registry, to prevents the
installation of any of them from a webpage.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User