Sign in with
Your question

Can a Dish Network satellite dish receive a Direct TV signal at the same time?

Tags:
  • Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Connection
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
Anonymous
September 10, 2010 8:17:32 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your expert input!

We live in Port au Prince Haiti, and we havent had TV since January. We have been given a Direct TV reciever with an active card - so it will work if we link it to a satellite dish.

Our building has a Dishnetwork satellite set up by our landlord. Is it possible to connect the dish up to our receiver? Will the dish receive the Direct TV sattellite signal and send it to the box to unscramble the signal so we can watch it on our tv? Can this happen at the same time as the dish is being used for DishNetwork?

If this isnt possible can i buy any satellite dish to find the signal, or must i get one professionally installed. In Haiti this costs 2000 US dollars so i wont be able to afford it! Any clever ideas gratefully received!

THANKS

More about : dish network satellite dish receive direct signal time

September 16, 2010 12:03:01 PM

Hello sorry I do not know your name,

I think you can not use Direct TV satellite dish for your DISH network subcription.

Wow 2k $ for just installing the satellite dish? I made a portable satellite dish project, special to help people like you are. I'm sure you'll find some useful tips and it'll help u to save a lot of money.

Please, keep in mind if the installation will be cost 2000$ for you. Do not pay for it, here is two ways to solve your problem:

1. Buy a manual satellite dish, and install it's by yourself.

2. But automatic portable satellite dish antenna. (it'll be cost less than half of installatiin fee on Port au Prince Haiti)

BTW, if you or any other here in the forum, have a question about satellite technologies feel free to e-mail me:

Alex {a} PortableSatelliteDishes.com

or find me on twitter @SatelliteDish4u

Best Regards,
Alex Gordon
m
l
!