Excel Problem

I have a problem. I create a monthly spread sheet
using Excel where I graph and track my daily stock and
bonds. What I usually do is take the previous month
and save it as the new months data. The problem I have
is that what ever the file size is when I save it as
the new month it is the same size. (Don't laugh. That
I understand) What I do is go into the new spreed
sheet and clear all the old data except for the last
day of the previous month and put it on the 1st day.
Then when I get the new data I change it. The problem
is is that when I clear the old data and save it the
data set is still as big as when I did the save to
change to the next month. What also happens as I add
data it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick
2 answers Last reply
More about excel problem

    microsoft.public.excell.... There are several newsgroups available, just do
    a search.

    "rick s" <ricks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem. I create a monthly spread sheet
    > using Excel where I graph and track my daily stock and
    > bonds. What I usually do is take the previous month
    > and save it as the new months data. The problem I have
    > is that what ever the file size is when I save it as
    > the new month it is the same size. (Don't laugh. That
    > I understand) What I do is go into the new spreed
    > sheet and clear all the old data except for the last
    > day of the previous month and put it on the 1st day.
    > Then when I get the new data I change it. The problem
    > is is that when I clear the old data and save it the
    > data set is still as big as when I did the save to
    > change to the next month. What also happens as I add
    > data it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rick

    Please visit the experts in the Excel newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "rick s" wrote:

    | I have a problem. I create a monthly spread sheet
    | using Excel where I graph and track my daily stock and
    | bonds. What I usually do is take the previous month
    | and save it as the new months data. The problem I have
    | is that what ever the file size is when I save it as
    | the new month it is the same size. (Don't laugh. That
    | I understand) What I do is go into the new spreed
    | sheet and clear all the old data except for the last
    | day of the previous month and put it on the 1st day.
    | Then when I get the new data I change it. The problem
    | is is that when I clear the old data and save it the
    | data set is still as big as when I did the save to
    | change to the next month. What also happens as I add
    | data it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    |
    | Any ideas?
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Rick

Excel Microsoft Windows XP