I have a problem. I create a monthly spread sheet
using Excel where I graph and track my daily stock and
bonds. What I usually do is take the previous month
and save it as the new months data. The problem I have
is that what ever the file size is when I save it as
the new month it is the same size. (Don't laugh. That
I understand) What I do is go into the new spreed
sheet and clear all the old data except for the last
day of the previous month and put it on the 1st day.
Then when I get the new data I change it. The problem
is is that when I clear the old data and save it the
data set is still as big as when I did the save to
change to the next month. What also happens as I add
data it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick

microsoft.public.excell.... There are several newsgroups available, just do
a search.

"rick s" <ricks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem. I create a monthly spread sheet
> using Excel where I graph and track my daily stock and
> bonds. What I usually do is take the previous month
> and save it as the new months data. The problem I have
> is that what ever the file size is when I save it as
> the new month it is the same size. (Don't laugh. That
> I understand) What I do is go into the new spreed
> sheet and clear all the old data except for the last
> day of the previous month and put it on the 1st day.
> Then when I get the new data I change it. The problem
> is is that when I clear the old data and save it the
> data set is still as big as when I did the save to
> change to the next month. What also happens as I add
> data it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick

Please visit the experts in the Excel newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP