ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
I posted about buying a 3800+ X2 system with 2*1GB and was warned that there is no guarantee that it'd work at 1T and DDR400 because even though I'd be working with only 2 DS sticks, the memory controller might not like the high density 64MB memory chips. Well, I bought the system and it was recognized at 333Mhz and 2T... I was pretty pissed, not to mention installing XP and booting took longer than I expected. Then I checked mem bandwidth with sisoft sandra and 2300MBps was the last clue I needed - the sticks were installed in single-channel config (doesn't it make more sense to group the two DIMMs of the same channel together instead of apart?).

Anyhoo... in DC config I no longer get XP BSODs at 1T and DDR400, BUT, this system needs to be 100% stable as it is used with SQL Server and I won't be able to service it regularly (it has RAID 0+1 and a 580W HEC PSU, in the name of reliability).

Can I be sure that 1T and DDR400 are stable in this system despite the large modules?

I've started the burn-in 20 minutes ago, but it still won't say for sure if 1T and DDR400 are problematic. I should prolly also run memtest...

<b>Behold, Mine anger and My fury shall be poured out upon this place upon man and upon beast and upon the trees of the field and upon the fruit of the land and it shall burn and shall not be quenched

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Why?

<b>Behold, Mine anger and My fury shall be poured out upon this place upon man and upon beast and upon the trees of the field and upon the fruit of the land and it shall burn and shall not be quenched

TRENDING THREADS