USB slowdown on Optiplex

My USB card reader slows down mouse response, hence the computer, noticeably
when plugged into the MB port, but not when used on a PCI card USB port. A
niggle, but has anyone any ideas? TIA.

"Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
> My USB card reader slows down mouse response, hence the computer,
> noticeably
> when plugged into the MB port, but not when used on a PCI card USB port. A
> niggle, but has anyone any ideas? TIA.

You don't mention which Optiplex, but my guess is that the motherboard is
USB1 and the PCI card is USB 2.

Hadn't thought of that. Optiplex GX200. But the slowness is not during
downloads, but just when the card reader is attached.

> "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
> > My USB card reader slows down mouse response, hence the computer,
> > noticeably
> > when plugged into the MB port, but not when used on a PCI card USB port.
> > niggle, but has anyone any ideas? TIA.
> >

> You don't mention which Optiplex, but my guess is that the motherboard is
> USB1 and the PCI card is USB 2.

Well, a 200 would be 1.1. I have a 240 (USB1) and a 260 (USB2).

Tom