Are novus 1 & 2 ok on a BSD playfield?

Hi there, I am trying to polish out some spots on my Bram Stoker's
Dracula playfield, and was wondering if Novus 1 & 2 would give me any
problems? Also, does novus work fine on mylared areas?

Thanks for your input,

-cAyle

I'd stick with just using Novus 2 on the pf, and save the Novus 1 for
finishing up on plastics, it probably wouldn't do much good for the pf.
Try googling the group for some excellent recommendations.

Jer

Novus 1 will do very little in my experience on the PF except pick up
loose dirt. use Novus 2. Works well. I ended up using Treasure Coves
product and mine shines so nice. Just depends how much work you want
to do. I have seen some BSD's incredibly nice from Novus 2 and Mothers
polish. Good luck

Yes, use Novus 2 first to remove fine scratches. Then Novus 1. I
personally never have used #1 on any of my diamond plated playfields
because Novus 2 does the job. However depending on the amount of dirt
you need to remove your milage may very.

Novus will work on mylar however as mylar ages it gets cloudy, dull, and
if it is over inserts may even bubble. You may get better results by
replacing the mylar if it is over a few years old or looks real dull.

-wolffy

Cayle George wrote:
> Hi there, I am trying to polish out some spots on my Bram Stoker's
> Dracula playfield, and was wondering if Novus 1 & 2 would give me any
> problems? Also, does novus work fine on mylared areas?
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> -cAyle

I agree with the thoughts here, Novus 1, having no abrasive qualities,
simply isn't worth using as a cleaning agent. Novus 2 will do the trick on
most DP games, the a coat of Novus 1 and some static cloths work wonders for
getting Novus 2 residue and dust off of the game. So use the 1 as a
finisher.

Of course, will all of these auto-body materials that people are using on
fields now, the Novus method seems to be going the way of the dodo.

Brandon