Compaq 7730MT quickrestore

Am looking for a quickrestore for a Compaq Armada 7730MT. Was given
this laptop by a co-worker who did not know what the problem with it
was.

After getting it up and running I decided to reformat and reinstall
Windoes 98.

Bad move. :oops:

Tried Compaq and they insist they do not have the disks because they
do not support 98.

Any thoughts would be helpfull.

RJ

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

Musketeer a écrit:
> Am looking for a quickrestore for a Compaq Armada 7730MT. Was given
> this laptop by a co-worker who did not know what the problem with it
> was.
>
> After getting it up and running I decided to reformat and reinstall
> Windoes 98.
>
> Bad move. :oops:

What is the problem? I installed W98 on several 77xx without any prob.
The video drivers can be found on the HP/Compaq web site.

Jerome,

Did install 98 but keep getting the following error:

Invalid VXD dynamic link call to device 3, service B.
Wour windows configiration is invalid.
Run the setup program again to correct this program.

I have even tried to install ME on this machine which is a 166 MHZ and
will not let me do it.

Any help from this point would be greatly appreciated.

This laptop may be in the trash soon.

RJ

Saw an old post about switching out the memory, thought it was a shot
in the dark but my GOODNESS it worked.

System is working fine other than the screen pulls up too small.

It is like the newer screens when you have to tell it to extend but
this time it has a good 2 inches to go on all 4 sides to hit the
maximum of the screen size.

When booting up or in the DOS mode the screen works to the total
extend of the screen at 100%.

Any ideas anyone> Have updated the video drivers > seeing that I
just got this up and running maybe updating windows all the way???
having done it yet.

RJB