re-installing Office applications -- on Windows XP

I recently had to re-install the Windows XP operating system -- however, now
that explorer is running and the broadband connection are running smoothly --
I lost the ability to write documents -- what no I need to install
cheaply//freely?

When I go into my software folder under the run button -- no word
application is there.

Pleasse help,

Thanks.

If you are talking about MS Word, which is included in the MS Office Suite, and later
versions of the MS Works Suite, neither suite is part of the Windows XP operating system.
If you reinstalled Windows XP, you will have to reinstall either MS Office or the MS Works
Suite from their CDs. If you are just looking to use a word processor, and not
necessarily MS Word, you can click Start button/All Programs/Accessories/WordPad (WordPad
does not have as many features as MS Word).
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Kamara" <Kamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently had to re-install the Windows XP operating system -- however, now
> that explorer is running and the broadband connection are running smoothly --
> I lost the ability to write documents -- what no I need to install
> cheaply//freely?
>
> When I go into my software folder under the run button -- no word
> application is there.
>
> Pleasse help,
>
> Thanks.

Malke

Kamara wrote:

> I recently had to re-install the Windows XP operating system --
> however, now that explorer is running and the broadband connection are
> running smoothly -- I lost the ability to write documents -- what no I
> need to install cheaply//freely?
>
> When I go into my software folder under the run button -- no word
> application is there.
>
> Pleasse help,
>
> Thanks.

That's because Microsoft Office is a separate program and is not
included in the operating system (XP). You would need to reinstall Word
from cd's. If you don't have the cd's, you can buy Word and/or Office
at the store but it is quite expensive. A very good free alternative is
OpenOffice, which you can get from www.openoffice.org.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

In article <F64AABA9-91CC-43E3-B806-2A96CB79A07A@microsoft.com>,
Kamara <Kamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I recently had to re-install the Windows XP operating system -- however, now
>that explorer is running and the broadband connection are running smoothly --
>I lost the ability to write documents -- what no I need to install
>cheaply//freely?
>
>When I go into my software folder under the run button -- no word
>application is there.
>
>Pleasse help,
>
>Thanks.

Microsoft Word isn't part of the Windows XP operating system. To get
it, install one of these Microsoft applications: Office or Works
Suite.

If you previously had Word, you should have a CD that you can use to
re-install the application.

If you have to buy a product, Works Suite is much cheaper than Office.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com