HP forcing users to buy their ancillary products for use w..

Hi,

Am I the only one angry with a legitimate gripe that HP (just like
Microsoft) forces users to buy only their printer ink and products even
though most recycled products sold at Home Depot and other office
product stores sell 'FOR HP COMPATIBLE' items?

Is this legitimate trade practice? I would like to speak with my
Attorney to see if we can initiate a class action lawsuit.

No, it's not a legit trade practice, just a common practice in the printer
industry. Lexmark recently lost a suit, after trying to force people to buy
their cartridges.

Franklly, the printer industry is sick, sick, sick. Printers are made cheaply,
and sold cheaply. Then the printer manufacturer extorts large sums from printer
owners for low-capacity ink or toner cartridges. Because all the printer
manufacturers are doing it, buyers have little recourse except to continue to
use older reliable printers, which is what I do... Ben Myers

"jp2003" <joprabhu2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Am I the only one angry with a legitimate gripe that HP (just like
> Microsoft) forces users to buy only their printer ink and products even
> though most recycled products sold at Home Depot and other office
> product stores sell 'FOR HP COMPATIBLE' items?
>
> Is this legitimate trade practice? I would like to speak with my
> Attorney to see if we can initiate a class action lawsuit.

Although HP encourages you to buy their supplies you are not forced to. See
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bpa00113&lc=en

What specifically are you suggesting?

- Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP