Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Service error

after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Service
error:
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown,
version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. this happen twice already during
startup. I got Window XP sp2 with all the recent update installed. Are there
any update I'm missing? just visited Window update and doesn't show any
update, i got everything installed.
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft generic host process win32 service error

    Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
    [[Install this update to address an issue that may cause a "Generic Host
    Process" error message to be displayed after you install security update
    MS05-012, or cause attachment file names not to be displayed in Rich Text
    e-mail messages]]
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A87B44B9-7A6A-49B6-BD89-AFAD4E049C48&displaylang=en

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:70C1A5BE-89F7-483D-86C7-BE5B7E3DBB52@microsoft.com,
    typeLL <typeLL@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    typeLL <typeLL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32
    > Service error:
    > Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module

    See if this (optional) update helps:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A87B44B9-7A6A-49B6-BD89-AFAD4E049C48&displaylang=en

    --
    d-d

    Check it here:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894391
    http://tinyurl.com/alu8v

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    typeLL wrote:
    > after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Service
    > error:
    > Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown,
    > version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. this happen twice already during
    > startup. I got Window XP sp2 with all the recent update installed. Are there
    > any update I'm missing? just visited Window update and doesn't show any
    > update, i got everything installed.

    3 votes for MS05-012

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uGQq2hwlFHA.3568@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    S.Sengupta <ssengupta_@msn.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Check it here:-
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894391
    > http://tinyurl.com/alu8v
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > typeLL wrote:
    >> after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32
    >> Service error:
    >> Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
    >> unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. this happen twice
    >> already during startup. I got Window XP sp2 with all the recent update
    >> installed. Are there any update I'm missing? just visited Window update
    >> and doesn't show any update, i got everything installed.

Win32 Microsoft Windows XP