Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Service error

after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Service
error:
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown,
version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. this happen twice already during
startup. I got Window XP sp2 with all the recent update installed. Are there
any update I'm missing? just visited Window update and doesn't show any
update, i got everything installed.

Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
[[Install this update to address an issue that may cause a "Generic Host
Process" error message to be displayed after you install security update
MS05-012, or cause attachment file names not to be displayed in Rich Text
e-mail messages]]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A87B44B9-7A6A-49B6-BD89-AFAD4E049C48&displaylang=en

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:70C1A5BE-89F7-483D-86C7-BE5B7E3DBB52@microsoft.com,
typeLL <typeLL@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32
> Service error:
> Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
> unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. this happen twice
> already during startup. I got Window XP sp2 with all the recent update
> installed. Are there any update I'm missing? just visited Window update
> and doesn't show any update, i got everything installed.

Check it here:-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894391
http://tinyurl.com/alu8v

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

typeLL wrote:
> after a startup i receive a Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Service
> error:
> Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown,
> version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. this happen twice already during
> startup. I got Window XP sp2 with all the recent update installed. Are there
> any update I'm missing? just visited Window update and doesn't show any
> update, i got everything installed.

3 votes for MS05-012

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.