Windows Explorer- refresh

My annoyance of the month

I browse a CD, and all is fine. I remove the CD and insert
another one but explorer will not refresh the contents. It
sounds like this is not unique to my system, as others are
experiencing the same thing. Are there any solutions out
there so that I do not have to use windows to eject (via rt
click >eject) to refresh it
9 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer refresh

    Mike Mueller <I_have_one@somewhere.else> wrote:

    > I browse a CD, and all is fine. I remove the CD and insert
    > another one but explorer will not refresh the contents.

    "You Cannot View the Files on a Disc After You Replace a CD-R or CD-RW
    Drive with a DVD or CD-ROM Drive"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;311455

    "Incorrect Contents Are Displayed in Windows Explorer"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314939

    --
    d-d

    :

    ----Not applicable to my system
    :
    : "Incorrect Contents Are Displayed in Windows Explorer"
    : http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314939

    ---SP 2 will not repair this. Refresh does not take of this.
    What is the purpose of Windows Explorer w/o folders

    Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:

    > Microsoft AutoPlay repair wizard might fix this problem.

    > it is not on a MSoft site, but can be downloaded from
    > Http://www.bigblackglasses.com/staff/downloads/autofix.exe

    Ramesh, the "AutoPlay Repair Wizard" is avaible from the
    Microsoft Download site also:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/2/2326455e-a840-4c61-bc28-3afa1820b240/AutoFix.exe

    --
    d-d

    Microsoft AutoPlay repair wizard might fix this problem.

    From MVP Alex Nichol:

    <quote>

    It may be a fouled up autoplay setting, so that the autoinsert
    notification is being lost. Microsoft people have written an unofficial
    fix up tool for Autoplay. Without great confidence, I suggest you try
    it - it is not on a MSoft site, but can be downloaded from
    Http://www.bigblackglasses.com/staff/downloads/autofix.exe

    </quote>

    Ref: CD in Explorer - shows previous CD - will not refresh
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=ig57n0hp177vklm5ob6etbckdi2begc3hh%404ax.com

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Mike Mueller" <I_have_one@somewhere.else> wrote in message

    > "Detlev Dreyer" <detdreyer@flashmail.com> wrote in message
    > : Mike Mueller <I_have_one@somewhere.else> wrote:
    > :
    > : > I browse a CD, and all is fine. I remove the CD and
    > insert
    > : > another one but explorer will not refresh the contents.
    > :
    > : "You Cannot View the Files on a Disc After You Replace a
    > CD-R or CD-RW
    > : Drive with a DVD or CD-ROM Drive"
    > : http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;311455
    >
    > ----Not applicable to my system
    > :
    > : "Incorrect Contents Are Displayed in Windows Explorer"
    > : http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314939
    >
    > ---SP 2 will not repair this. Refresh does not take of this.
    > What is the purpose of Windows Explorer w/o folders

    Thanks Detlev. I'm aware of that link. Will update my notes now.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Microsoft AutoPlay repair wizard might fix this problem.
    >
    >> it is not on a MSoft site, but can be downloaded from
    >> Http://www.bigblackglasses.com/staff/downloads/autofix.exe
    >
    > Ramesh, the "AutoPlay Repair Wizard" is avaible from the
    > Microsoft Download site also:
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/2/2326455e-a840-4c61-bc28-3afa1820b240/AutoFix.exe
    >
    > --
    > d-d

    Thank you gentlemen. I am downloading it now and will try on
    the affected computers

    Mike

    : Thanks Detlev. I'm aware of that link. Will update my
    notes now.
    :
    : --
    : Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    : http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    :
    :
    : "Detlev Dreyer" <detdreyer@flashmail.com> wrote in message
    : news:53fdf0cb7c9120423d28a1f062c109b2@d-d.mvps.org...
    : > Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:
    : >
    : >> Microsoft AutoPlay repair wizard might fix this
    problem.
    : >
    : >> it is not on a MSoft site, but can be downloaded from
    : >>
    Http://www.bigblackglasses.com/staff/downloads/autofix.exe
    : >
    : > Ramesh, the "AutoPlay Repair Wizard" is avaible from the
    : > Microsoft Download site also:
    : >
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/2/2326455e-a840-4c61-bc28-3afa1820b240/AutoFix.exe
    : >
    : > --
    : > d-d
    :

    Mike,

    Another reference for you. (Nero related)

    Lockergnome's Problem Solvers > Cdrom Drive Won't Refresh In Xp:
    http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t6968.html

    --

    > Thank you gentlemen. I am downloading it now and will try on
    > the affected computers
    >
    > Mike
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

    The one machine I have with Nero on it is the only 1 that
    was not affected. I applied the patch at the link that was
    provided and that took care of it. I then proceeded to use
    TweakXP to turn off autoplay altogether and all is well now.

    Mike

    : Mike,
    :
[...]

    Thanks for the feedback Mike.

    --

    > The one machine I have with Nero on it is the only 1 that
    > was not affected. I applied the patch at the link that was
    > provided and that took care of it. I then proceeded to use
    > TweakXP to turn off autoplay altogether and all is well now.
    >
    > Mike

Windows Explorer CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP