What's up with all the "only opened two years ago" machine..

Hi all! Is it just me, or are there all of a sudden a bunch of NIB
until just two years ago games from the late '80s - early '90s showing
up. Do you guys think these are those "famed" missing pins from that
bankruptucy thing that happened a long time ago? I know there was talk
about this a few months ago (I guess the statute of limitations
recently would have expired?) I just don't understand. Are there
really that many people that buy games, and then leave them NIB for
over a decade? I could see maybe one or two, but we've seen this NIB
until only two years ago a few times in the past week or so. I
wouldn't be able to stand LOOKING at the box just sitting there,
knowing there is a pin in there WAITING to be played. What do all you
think? Are we going to see the market flooded with these "NIB" late
model games? Do you think these are those "famed" machines that turned
up missing?
-Al

Pinlicious,
It was just surprising to me to see yet another unopened machine
go up for sale in such a short time. Besides, it was a nice change of
topics. :) My other conspiracy theory is that you found a way to
"hack" games to put in high scores. You'll have to prove me wrong on
that one in person. Maybe on the quarter machines at PAPA 8? I'd love
some heads-up competition!

-Al

On 10 Jun 2005 10:20:27 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all! Is it just me, or are there all of a sudden a bunch of NIB
>until just two years ago games from the late '80s - early '90s showing
>up. Do you guys think these are those "famed" missing pins from that
>bankruptucy thing that happened a long time ago? I know there was talk
>about this a few months ago (I guess the statute of limitations
>recently would have expired?) I just don't understand. Are there
>really that many people that buy games, and then leave them NIB for
>over a decade? I could see maybe one or two, but we've seen this NIB
>until only two years ago a few times in the past week or so. I
>wouldn't be able to stand LOOKING at the box just sitting there,
>knowing there is a pin in there WAITING to be played. What do all you
>think? Are we going to see the market flooded with these "NIB" late
>model games? Do you think these are those "famed" machines that turned
>up missing?
> -Al

i think you should stick to the sale of your tz and cool it with the
conspiricy theories :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Coming from someone with a box in the corner I hear ;)

"pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 10 Jun 2005 10:20:27 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all! Is it just me, or are there all of a sudden a bunch of NIB
>>until just two years ago games from the late '80s - early '90s showing
>>up. Do you guys think these are those "famed" missing pins from that
>>bankruptucy thing that happened a long time ago? I know there was talk
>>about this a few months ago (I guess the statute of limitations
>>recently would have expired?) I just don't understand. Are there
>>really that many people that buy games, and then leave them NIB for
>>over a decade? I could see maybe one or two, but we've seen this NIB
>>until only two years ago a few times in the past week or so. I
>>wouldn't be able to stand LOOKING at the box just sitting there,
>>knowing there is a pin in there WAITING to be played. What do all you
>>think? Are we going to see the market flooded with these "NIB" late
>>model games? Do you think these are those "famed" machines that turned
>>up missing?
>> -Al
>
> i think you should stick to the sale of your tz and cool it with the
> conspiricy theories :)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:47:49 GMT, "C.W.H."
<84insulation@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Coming from someone with a box in the corner I hear ;)

DOH! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

>"pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 10 Jun 2005 10:20:27 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all! Is it just me, or are there all of a sudden a bunch of NIB
>>>until just two years ago games from the late '80s - early '90s showing
>>>up. Do you guys think these are those "famed" missing pins from that
>>>bankruptucy thing that happened a long time ago? I know there was talk
>>>about this a few months ago (I guess the statute of limitations
>>>recently would have expired?) I just don't understand. Are there
>>>really that many people that buy games, and then leave them NIB for
>>>over a decade? I could see maybe one or two, but we've seen this NIB
>>>until only two years ago a few times in the past week or so. I
>>>wouldn't be able to stand LOOKING at the box just sitting there,
>>>knowing there is a pin in there WAITING to be played. What do all you
>>>think? Are we going to see the market flooded with these "NIB" late
>>>model games? Do you think these are those "famed" machines that turned
>>>up missing?
>>> -Al
>>
>> i think you should stick to the sale of your tz and cool it with the
>> conspiricy theories :)
>>
>> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

OMG

Your hysterical Al.

On 10 Jun 2005 11:25:53 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Pinlicious,
> It was just surprising to me to see yet another unopened machine
>go up for sale in such a short time. Besides, it was a nice change of
>topics. :) My other conspiracy theory is that you found a way to
>"hack" games to put in high scores. You'll have to prove me wrong on
>that one in person. Maybe on the quarter machines at PAPA 8? I'd love
>some heads-up competition!
>
> -Al

i'll be at expo, papa is still up in the air depending on my scheduale
:)

don't sing it, BRING IT! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

pinlicious wrote:
> On 10 Jun 2005 11:25:53 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Pinlicious,
> > It was just surprising to me to see yet another unopened machine
> >go up for sale in such a short time. Besides, it was a nice change of
> >topics. :) My other conspiracy theory is that you found a way to
> >"hack" games to put in high scores. You'll have to prove me wrong on
> >that one in person. Maybe on the quarter machines at PAPA 8? I'd love
> >some heads-up competition!
> >
> > -Al
>
> i'll be at expo, papa is still up in the air depending on my scheduale
> :)
>
> don't sing it, BRING IT! ;-)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

In reference to a previous thread, is Koz afraid of getting his ass
kicked at PAPA 8? ;-)

On 12 Jun 2005 05:14:27 -0700, "CAH" <cmcolinh@aol.com> wrote:

>pinlicious wrote:
>> On 10 Jun 2005 11:25:53 -0700, "-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Pinlicious,
>> > It was just surprising to me to see yet another unopened machine
>> >go up for sale in such a short time. Besides, it was a nice change of
>> >topics. :) My other conspiracy theory is that you found a way to
>> >"hack" games to put in high scores. You'll have to prove me wrong on
>> >that one in person. Maybe on the quarter machines at PAPA 8? I'd love
>> >some heads-up competition!
>> >
>> > -Al
>>
>> i'll be at expo, papa is still up in the air depending on my scheduale
>> :)
>>
>> don't sing it, BRING IT! ;-)
>>
>> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
>
>In reference to a previous thread, is Koz afraid of getting his ass
>kicked at PAPA 8? ;-)

lol, oooohhh, god forbid i lose a game of pinball ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)