  • Desktops
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2005 5:01:04 PM

I'm attempting to extend my desktop from my Fujitsu Lifebook Series S laptop
to my Dell P991 external monitor. All I've been successful in doing is just
mirroring it. Everytime I attempt to identify the different monitors, it
always displays the number 1, not 1 & 2 to their respective monitors.
Everytime I attach the Dell P991 and hit apply, it disables it again. Any
help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mike Johnson

More about : laptop extended desktop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2005 7:12:48 PM

The ability of the graphic adapter to "extend desktop" is a hardware and
driver issue. Contact the laptop vendor tech support for resolution.

Mike Johnson wrote:

> I'm attempting to extend my desktop from my Fujitsu Lifebook Series S laptop
> to my Dell P991 external monitor. All I've been successful in doing is just
> mirroring it. Everytime I attempt to identify the different monitors, it
> always displays the number 1, not 1 & 2 to their respective monitors.
> Everytime I attach the Dell P991 and hit apply, it disables it again. Any
> help out there would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Johnson
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2005 8:15:36 PM

Look at the video card drivers and do not rely on the notebook itself. Most
notebooks/laptops have additional hardware controls that allow you to
re-direct the standard monitor to the LCD screen, to a standard monitor or
both at the same time. You will need to look at the video card drivers so
as to see if you can do this "extend" of the standard desktop.

"Mike Johnson" <MikeJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm attempting to extend my desktop from my Fujitsu Lifebook Series S
> laptop
> to my Dell P991 external monitor. All I've been successful in doing is
> just
> mirroring it. Everytime I attempt to identify the different monitors, it
> always displays the number 1, not 1 & 2 to their respective monitors.
> Everytime I attach the Dell P991 and hit apply, it disables it again. Any
> help out there would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Johnson
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2005 8:15:37 PM

I'm calling Fujitsu as we speak, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the responses.

Mike

!