Why am I having problems with my Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

djjones

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Ok, i've got Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, i've had a Razer Lycosa. With the Lycosa a key would stick until the keyboard was unplugged and plugged in, and sometimes on start up the keyboard wouldn't even be recognized. this was happening 2-3 times a day.
Now the Razor Balckwidow Ultimate is having the same issues, but happens much less often, maybe once every 2 days.
I don't want to have to send this wonderful keyboard back, so I'm wondering if anyone has found a permanent fix for any of the above issues? and if they have, pelase share with me?
recently downloaded driver:1.04 (dont know if there is a better drive or something i have to download

P.S. I dont want to hear about blah blah is better/you are stupidfor buying a razer keyboard/razer sucks.. not here for that bs please :)

Solution
you would probably get a better chance of getting a person who has had the same problem if you posted in the computer section of the forum.

anybody here would probably tell you that it is a driver problem, or a keyboard controller problem.
sounds like the same type of controller used on both keyboards is not playing well with the operating system.
could be a 64bit problem..
could be a motherboard problem too.
to say the motherboard is perfectly functional.. that doesnt mean the electricity polling is the same as what the keyboard requires.
your board might be slightly out of standard.. or the keyboard is out of standard..
or
they are both out of standard, and together they are really bad.. which is why you are seeing a problem.

maybe...

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
you would probably get a better chance of getting a person who has had the same problem if you posted in the computer section of the forum.

anybody here would probably tell you that it is a driver problem, or a keyboard controller problem.
sounds like the same type of controller used on both keyboards is not playing well with the operating system.
could be a 64bit problem..
could be a motherboard problem too.
to say the motherboard is perfectly functional.. that doesnt mean the electricity polling is the same as what the keyboard requires.
your board might be slightly out of standard.. or the keyboard is out of standard..
or
they are both out of standard, and together they are really bad.. which is why you are seeing a problem.

maybe this is a blessing that the keyboard is trying to destroy your motherboard slowly?
you would need to switch to a 32 bit version of windows 7 ?
not necessarily.
the electricity could be totally different when running 32 bit version of the operating system.

i dont see why you are posting a forum thread when you should be SEARCHING for the answer already posted on some forum somewhere.

i probably wouldnt think of the keyboard trying to attack the motherboard.
because i had a mouse that was dying, and i plugged in an older revision of the same model number.. the problem went away, and i thought nothing more of it.

logically..
if you cant fix it with different drivers.. it simply isnt going to happen with whatever combination of reasons above.

and to add to that list of combinations.. maybe the usb port isnt providing enough power that the keyboard requires.
maybe if you solder a patch wire from one of the power sockets, and run the cord to the usb power.. maybe that would fix it.
not the first time i have heard of a person who wanted, needed to add a soldered wire on the bottom of the motherboard.

Solution

djjones

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Mmmmk, first instead of attacking me for putting in the wrong section, i couldn't figure which one and i didn't have the time to search more. Maybe you shouldn't assume that i knew what section i was putting it intoand you want seem like an asshole when trying to HELP someone. next, it's a brand new computer rig so i didn't think it would have issues with one another.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
so despite all of your anger towards me.. i did answer your question.
however, i didnt attack you.
if i was attacking you.. i wouldnt have answered the question at all (not a single line of text to talk about your keyboard).

being in the wrong section isnt going to kill your quest for an answer.. as i have provided just about everything there is to your keyboard problem.
if there are some secret magical drivers floating around on the internet that can help, i dont know about them.. and you wont learn about them here (especially not this forum section.. which is why i said try again).

dont give me any more grief about the wrong section.
if i didnt wish you the best, i wouldnt have told you all of the various ways the keyboard could have problems.

racketyanemone

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

n
nHey djjones, I wouldn't be selecting an answer, and marking this thread as "solved" if anwaypasible didn't really provide an answer for you.
n
nI have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (late 2012), Razer Synapse 2.0. When I wake my computer from sleep in the morning, Synapse is not responding, and the Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard is pressing the enter key at maximum refresh rate. This makes it nearly impossible to operate the system, as you can imagine. Here's the solution:
n
n1.) See the Razer support thread "RESOLUTION 21491".
n
n2.) To sum up the article above, you need to go into control panel, and set each root hub's power settings to no sleep, then turn off the windows hibernate funtions in the power settings.

fudgeissmall

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

i am having a similiar problem my razor blackwidow lights up but then when i try to type it like spams random letters/numbers

RoughDraft

Reputable
May 7, 2014
I have a black widow ultimate and I get stuck keys (mostly ENTER) when my computer comes back from sleep. Not sure if it has something to do with logging in but its getting very very annoying. I've looked everywhere for a solution but all I seem to find is more people with this problem and no solution in sight.

Razer Black Widow Ultimate
Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

If anyone has some ideas they would be much appreciated but at this point i'm thinking that I will never buy another razer product as long as I live.