Deleting open mail Outlook express 6

After an email is opened and read then the application is closed the email
becomes missing. It can not be found in the deleted box. It seems to happen
when the application is being closed then when it is reopened the mail is
missing. Please help find my email.

Thanks,
Sheila

Mary

Look at your View setting and make sure it's set to view all messages not
just unread or new ones.

"Sheila" wrote:

> After an email is opened and read then the application is closed the email
> becomes missing. It can not be found in the deleted box. It seems to happen
> when the application is being closed then when it is reopened the mail is
> missing. Please help find my email.
>
> Thanks,
> Sheila

Do you have Empty messages from 'Deleted Items" folder on exit Selected
here?

OE | Tools | Options | Manintenance tab |

Empty messages from 'Deleted Items" folder on exit
[[Specifies whether Outlook Express should permanently delete messages from
the Deleted Items folder when you quit Outlook Express. If you clear this
check box, deleted messages stay in the Deleted Items folder until you open
that folder, select the messages, and then delete them.]]

Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D77A7B4C-0D4F-4B20-A37B-DD9407132128@microsoft.com,
Sheila <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> After an email is opened and read then the application is closed the email
> becomes missing. It can not be found in the deleted box. It seems to
> happen when the application is being closed then when it is reopened the
> mail is missing. Please help find my email.
>
> Thanks,
> Sheila

Mind telling us how big is your inbox folder?

--
Peter