Faulty Device Driver - How to Fix/Find?

Just about every time I pull my puter out of the sleep mode the damn thing
just shuts off. It then reboots on its own.

The error note from Microsoft says "a device driver installed on your system
caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the exact cause".

Following further instructions I went to Microsoft product support services,
did a search on device drivers and was taken to a device manager page which
confused me even more. Since my computer savvy is limited I am having a
particularly hard time trying to get to the root of this problem. After
reading all the horrible stories on this ng about Gateway support I am
reluctant to go that route. Anyone have a simple explanation as to how I can
correct this problem?

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Running XP I assume? If so, do this:

Start Menu>Settings>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Start up and
Recovery>Settings> uncheck the auto restart feature. Hopefully you'll now
get a more helpful error message instead of the reboot.