Nvidia Video Card Bios upgrade

David

Hi

Not sure if this is the right group for this question - so apologies if
anyone feels aggrieved.
I have been told that it might be a good idea to update my nvidia
geforce2 mx/mx400 bios (not driver) as it is 3 years old. I'm a bit
confused because the bios doesn't seem to be available on the nvidia
site but I have to get it from my motherboard site, Jetway. Am I going
nuts here? Can anyone reassure me of the best way of updating the bios
in this video card?

Thanks

David

At this point in time, I'd probably think about getting a new card
altogether. A new BIOS is not going to make much difference.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"David" <david.billingham@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the right group for this question - so apologies if
> anyone feels aggrieved.
> I have been told that it might be a good idea to update my nvidia
> geforce2 mx/mx400 bios (not driver) as it is 3 years old. I'm a bit
> confused because the bios doesn't seem to be available on the nvidia
> site but I have to get it from my motherboard site, Jetway. Am I going
> nuts here? Can anyone reassure me of the best way of updating the bios
> in this video card?
>
> Thanks
>

> David

Malke

David wrote:

> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the right group for this question - so apologies
> if anyone feels aggrieved.
> I have been told that it might be a good idea to update my nvidia
> geforce2 mx/mx400 bios (not driver) as it is 3 years old. I'm a bit
> confused because the bios doesn't seem to be available on the nvidia
> site but I have to get it from my motherboard site, Jetway. Am I going
> nuts here? Can anyone reassure me of the best way of updating the bios
> in this video card?

Apparently some people do flash their video card's BIOS, but it is a
bleeding edge kind of thing and not something a normal user would do. I
Googled for "upgrade video card bios" and got some interesting sites
(see search link below). If you are not a hardware enthusiast, the kind
of person who overclocks his processor and tweaks his motherboard
settings, you probably should leave well enough alone.

You have an OK graphics card good for playing not-very-strenuous games
and 2D work (Internet, email, office and non-game apps). Frankly, if
you want more oomph from your graphics, buy a better card. If you have
been happy with your computer's graphics performance, leave it alone.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=upgrade+video+card+bios&btnG=Google+Search

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

David wrote:

> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the right group for this question - so apologies if
> anyone feels aggrieved.
> I have been told that it might be a good idea to update my nvidia
> geforce2 mx/mx400 bios (not driver) as it is 3 years old. I'm a bit
> confused because the bios doesn't seem to be available on the nvidia
> site but I have to get it from my motherboard site, Jetway. Am I going
> nuts here? Can anyone reassure me of the best way of updating the bios
> in this video card?

1.) This would be the wrong group. You should seek out a nvidia user
group, or a user group for the manufacturer of your graphics card.

2.) If you have to ask, then you are nuts.

3.) Don't fix what ain't broken.

--
Peace!
Kurt

dl

You shouldnt listen to all that your told, by those that dont know

"David" <david.billingham@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the right group for this question - so apologies if
> anyone feels aggrieved.
> I have been told that it might be a good idea to update my nvidia
> geforce2 mx/mx400 bios (not driver) as it is 3 years old. I'm a bit
> confused because the bios doesn't seem to be available on the nvidia
> site but I have to get it from my motherboard site, Jetway. Am I going
> nuts here? Can anyone reassure me of the best way of updating the bios
> in this video card?
>
> Thanks
>

> David

TRENDING THREADS