Need tool to delete/create context menu entries in Windows..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I want to add resp. remove some entries in the context menu in the WIndows Explorer.
Normally these entries are setup during installation but I want to manipulate them
manually.

Is there a tool for doing this? It should be able to differntiate between folders, drives
and files resp. different extensions.

Frank

You might try these free ones:

Context Edit 1.1 (it's about 1/3 of the way down the page.
http://www.ramlende.com/utilities.html

Fast Explorer
http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/

If you go to this Google Groups page and read a little, I'm sure there are
more. I haven't used any of therm though.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/browse_thread/thread/21cd5c51e1edd804/8cb9d47a900340e0?lnk=st&q=context+menu+editor+-shareware+-simtel+group:alt.comp.freeware&rnum=2&hl=en#8cb9d47a900340e0

Louis

"Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to add resp. remove some entries in the context menu in the WIndows
Explorer.
> Normally these entries are setup during installation but I want to
manipulate them
> manually.
>
> Is there a tool for doing this? It should be able to differntiate between
folders, drives
> and files resp. different extensions.
>
> Frank

ShellExView v1.13 - Shell Extensions Manager
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

Add or remove entries in the New objects list (ShellNew)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm

Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

Customize Context Menus

Customize the right click context menus
http://www2.technobabble.com.au/article182.html

Creating Context Menu Handlers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/contextmenuhandlers.asp

Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

Or here...
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_c.htm

Scroll down to:
Context Menu - Customizing Windows Explorer Context menu
(right click menu in windows explorer)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:42ee9aa0$0$6983$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net,
Frank Callone <inn200@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I want to add resp. remove some entries in the context menu in the
> WIndows Explorer. Normally these entries are setup during installation
> but I want to manipulate them manually.
>
> Is there a tool for doing this? It should be able to differntiate between
> folders, drives and files resp. different extensions.
>
> Frank

Cutting Edge Customizing Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0; Microsoft Internet Developer November:
http://www.microsoft.com/mind/1199/cutting/cutting1199.asp

Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows:
http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

Mark L. Ferguson