Inspiron 7000 upgrade

Hi,

I want to upgrade the RAM in my Inspiron 7000 from 64k to 128k. When I
started to look into this I realized that there are several "types" of
Inspiron 7000's. How do I find out what type I have?

Thanks,
Ed

On or about 9/14/2005 5:28 PM, it came to pass that
the.loquitur@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to upgrade the RAM in my Inspiron 7000 from 64k to 128k. When I
> started to look into this I realized that there are several "types" of
> Inspiron 7000's. How do I find out what type I have?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

They all use PC66 Ram. You can bring that thing up to 768K if you are
willing to rip into it and get the chip under the CPU although the most
you will see suggested on the web is 384meg. But if I went that far I
would change the CPU to a PIII (make sure you have at least a revision
A01) and use PC100 memory.