Image Resizer Doesn't Work

I downloaded Power toys image resizer, when i right click on a photo, The
drop down menu has the resize pictures, I click that a the box comes up to
pick which size i want, i choose and click OK and nothing happens. I have
deleated it and re-installed it several times. Can anyone help?
9 answers Last reply
More about image resizer doesn work

    When you click on the size of photo you want the program saves the new
    photo in the folder with the original. Use Windows Explorer and go the
    folder where your pictures are and you should see the new files.

    "snoopydog4545" <snoopydog4545@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I downloaded Power toys image resizer, when i right click on a photo,
    > The
    > drop down menu has the resize pictures, I click that a the box comes up to
    > pick which size i want, i choose and click OK and nothing happens. I have
    > deleated it and re-installed it several times. Can anyone help?

    I know that is the way its suppost to work but it doesnt put the other
    picture in the file. I used this program quite a while back and it worked
    fine. I acts the same now but the resized picture isn't there. Any
    suggestions? Thanks for your help. Bob.

    "Charlie" wrote:

    > When you click on the size of photo you want the program saves the new
    > photo in the folder with the original. Use Windows Explorer and go the
    > folder where your pictures are and you should see the new files.
    >
    > "snoopydog4545" <snoopydog4545@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I downloaded Power toys image resizer, when i right click on a photo,
    > > The
    > > drop down menu has the resize pictures, I click that a the box comes up to
    > > pick which size i want, i choose and click OK and nothing happens. I have
    > > deleated it and re-installed it several times. Can anyone help?

    Execute these commands from Start-Run:

    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    regsvr32 phototoys.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    >I know that is the way its suppost to work but it doesnt put the other
    > picture in the file. I used this program quite a while back and it worked
    > fine. I acts the same now but the resized picture isn't there. Any
    > suggestions? Thanks for your help. Bob.
    >
    > "Charlie" wrote:
    >
    >> When you click on the size of photo you want the program saves the new
    >> photo in the folder with the original. Use Windows Explorer and go the
    >> folder where your pictures are and you should see the new files.
    >>
    >> "snoopydog4545" <snoopydog4545@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > I downloaded Power toys image resizer, when i right click on a photo,
    >> > The
    >> > drop down menu has the resize pictures, I click that a the box comes up
    >> > pick which size i want, i choose and click OK and nothing happens. I
    >> > have
    >> > deleated it and re-installed it several times. Can anyone help?

  4. Thank you Ramesh.

    It was frustrating when I couldn't use this on my laptop and the Image Resizer was working on my desktop PCs. Those 2 commands solved the problem

    Mike
  5. I want to thank you for this solution too. It worked for me as well.

    Thankyou thankyou thankyou!
  6. Serge Belgium

    Thanks a lot for the hint
    I run the regsrv3 shimgvw.dll and regsrv32 phototoys.dll and the microsoft photoresizer is working perfect

    Many many thanks
    Serge 17-jan-2009
  7. Thank you Ramesh!

    Worked for me too!!

    - MarkL
  8. Im sorry to resurrect an old post. But i didnt find an answer in any other place.
    I used image resizer a lot.
    But a couple of weeks ago when i right click on a picture and then click on "resize pictures" option nothing happens.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the application several times, and i reregistered those dll´s that were mentioned above. But nothing had change.
    Thanks for any answer.
  9. Resizer worked fine until I reinstalled Windows to clean it out but did not work afterwards. The solution involving the two DLL files above worked well -- Thanks Cliff

Photo Microsoft Power Windows XP