AFM decals from TC - anyone receive them yet?

Just wondering if anyone who bought the AFM decals from Treasure Cove
had actually received them and was able to post a review of them.

I am on the fence if I want to spend the $$ just now even though I
really want to make my slightly faded AFM look new again - I just have
alot of no-pinball things going on.. :)

Thx.

Steve

Hi Steve and all I have received my AFM decals and they look real good
as the originals color is nice and I have some of them I may not need
because I only need the right side and front decal if anyone is
interested let me know I'm in Pittsburgh area Thanks John

Steve Prendergast wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone who bought the AFM decals from Treasure Cove
> had actually received them and was able to post a review of them.
>
> I am on the fence if I want to spend the $$ just now even though I
> really want to make my slightly faded AFM look new again - I just have
> alot of no-pinball things going on.. :)
>
> Thx.
>
> Steve

I, too, am in the PGH area (Bethel Park). :)

I'd LOVE to see these in person.. hint, hint. :)

Steve

I got a set and they look terrific as far as I can tell. I don't have a
machine to compare them to close up, but they are printed on high quality
material and have a very professional overall look. The solid colors are
indeed solid colors (i.e. red, green, etc.) and the areas that are
half-toned are in fact half-toned. So in other words it looks nothing like
the RnR version which was basically an inkjet job.

I also got a set of WH2O decals, and they are similarly well done. My White
Water is not handy at the moment, but the blue is a perfect match for the
blue on my FH, FWIW.

There is nothing to give me reason to suspect they are not spot-on perfect,
other than they're screened onto vinyl (or similar material) rather than
directly onto a cabinet.

If I use these, my plan would most likely be to ship them to Big Time Cabs
and have them applied to a new repro cab, as I did with TAF and FH. The
purists will cringe, but to anyone else the games will look brand new when
completed (especially with NOS playfields.)

Randy

"Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Just wondering if anyone who bought the AFM decals from Treasure Cove
> had actually received them and was able to post a review of them.
>
> I am on the fence if I want to spend the $$ just now even though I
> really want to make my slightly faded AFM look new again - I just have
> alot of no-pinball things going on.. :)
>
> Thx.
>
> Steve

Randy P. wrote:

Thx Randy. I was thinking the same thing (Big Time cabinet). I gotta
take a close look at the finances to see if it's do-able just now as
our first baby is due in a few weeks (eeek!) and I am hesitant to get
into big ticket hobby buys just now - especially since I will not have
any time to be tinkering with pinball stuff for the foreseeable future.
:)

I guess I am currently playing armchair shopper at the moment - get a
few reviews and hopefully some pics of these things (other than the
ones TC has posted) and once things free up around here a bit (time and
money wise), I'll move into active buyer mode.

Steve.