TZ gumball mod question.

Iv'e been thinking about adding gumballs to my TZ for a while now but
it got me thinking. There something about the small multi coloured
gumballs that dosent look right to me.

On the backglass the gumball machine is shown full of pinballs & i was
thinking weither there is enough room in the sides to place a few full
size pinballs in there to make it look like the one in the backglass.
>From looking at the size of the pinballs it looks like you can get a
few in each side but it would mean fully taking it apart to do so.

Anyone ever tried it??

martin

I bought some steel balls and planned to mix in a few of the glossy
white balls form Pinball Life. But the glossy colored balls look just
fine, especially when lit. I would say, just half fill it and you will
probably be happy. The gumball machine looks sort of unfinished without
the balls. Pachinko balls are maybe a bit small.

Yes, mine was that way for a while. I don't like the gumballs either. It
looks OK, but adds a lot of weight on that corner of the playfield that is
already weakened by the hole for the mechanism. When mine was like that,
when the gumball popper fired to load the globe, the entire corner of the
field would bounce noticeably. It bothered and worried me enough to take
them back out.

PS: There's also a powerrball in the machine on the translight.

<Importaku@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Iv'e been thinking about adding gumballs to my TZ for a while now but
> it got me thinking. There something about the small multi coloured
> gumballs that dosent look right to me.
>
> On the backglass the gumball machine is shown full of pinballs & i was
> thinking weither there is enough room in the sides to place a few full
> size pinballs in there to make it look like the one in the backglass.
> >From looking at the size of the pinballs it looks like you can get a
> few in each side but it would mean fully taking it apart to do so.
>
> Anyone ever tried it??

I had your same complaint about the smaller gumballs etc., but I found
that full pinballs will not fit (your question). I think something is
better than empty (I have two TZs side by side, one empty one not, but
still a matter of taste). Slightly smaller balls fit four to a side,
which looks dumb because it doesn't look realistic, so I cut up balls
to fill out the bottom and make the machine look full. I also needed
to fabricate a new divider since I was missing one and fabricated the
divider with a ball and a half located in the center of the divider.
Now that gives it a full-of-balls look. I've never tried the smaller
balls, but obviously that makes it easier to get the look of a full
gumball machine without all the trouble I went through. Maybe
attending to your family and friend needs is a little more productive
(which I better do now)?

i have a bunch of those small pachinko balls and I have been thinking about
doing that I am sure some one has done it..........What was the outcome and
how did it look??

--
Steve Herman
"T"wilight "Z"one, "S"hadow, & "M"onster "B"ash (on its way)
"cody chunn" <OMITcchunn3@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Yes, mine was that way for a while. I don't like the gumballs either. It
> looks OK, but adds a lot of weight on that corner of the playfield that is
> already weakened by the hole for the mechanism. When mine was like that,
> when the gumball popper fired to load the globe, the entire corner of the
> field would bounce noticeably. It bothered and worried me enough to take
> them back out.
>
> PS: There's also a powerrball in the machine on the translight.
>
> <Importaku@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Iv'e been thinking about adding gumballs to my TZ for a while now but
> > it got me thinking. There something about the small multi coloured
> > gumballs that dosent look right to me.
> >
> > On the backglass the gumball machine is shown full of pinballs & i was
> > thinking weither there is enough room in the sides to place a few full
> > size pinballs in there to make it look like the one in the backglass.
> > >From looking at the size of the pinballs it looks like you can get a
> > few in each side but it would mean fully taking it apart to do so.
> >
> > Anyone ever tried it??

Latest posts