Lost All my system Restore Points? How to Restore the Syst..

I have lost all my system Restore points, How to restore these restore
points back?

More than Fixing, Why it did happened? What should I to prevent this
happenig again?

I Haven't turned off system restore points niether disk space setttings,
it's remain Max 12%. I do have more than enough disk space.
5 answers Last reply
More about lost system restore points restore syst

    Samshun wrote:
    > I have lost all my system Restore points, How to restore these restore
    > points back?

    Other than restoring from your most recent system backup (or image) - you
    don't.

    > More than Fixing, Why it did happened? What should I to prevent this
    > happenig again?

    You should occassionally cleanup the System Restore points and make sure you
    have enough space for them.

    > I Haven't turned off system restore points niether disk space
    > setttings, it's remain Max 12%. I do have more than enough disk space.

    System restore is not the most reliable thing - nor should it ever be a
    substitute for a normal maintenance/backup schedule.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Hi,

    Once lost, restore points are not retrievable. As to why, then have you run
    disk cleanup lately? Installed a Service Pack?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Samshun" <Samshun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I have lost all my system Restore points, How to restore these restore
    > points back?
    >
    > More than Fixing, Why it did happened? What should I to prevent this
    > happenig again?
    >
    > I Haven't turned off system restore points niether disk space setttings,
    > it's remain Max 12%. I do have more than enough disk space.

    Hi,

    Hi,

    Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

    Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
    Click on System in the left pane.
    Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in the right pane to
    sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
    Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below the two arrows in the
    upper right corner. This will copy the event information to the clipboard. Paste the
    information for each of the two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
    System Restore Failures to restore:
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
    System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    In news:A46056FD-F7D5-4EDB-85ED-C3E770616CC1@microsoft.com,
    Samshun <Samshun@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I have lost all my system Restore points, How to restore these
    > restore
    > points back?

    Sorry, you can't. If they're gone, they're gone.

    > More than Fixing, Why it did happened? What should I to prevent
    > this
    > happenig again?
    >
    > I Haven't turned off system restore points niether disk space
    > setttings, it's remain Max 12%. I do have more than enough disk
    > space.

    For almost everyone, 12% is way overkill. System Restore is
    useful to get you back the situation as it was at most a week or
    two ago. To try to go back any more than that would likely result
    in getting all kinds of things out of synch.

    I would lower the percentage to give you not more than around
    2GB of space.

    Please reply to the newsgroup
  5. I Lost mine too. It was after I used msconfig to disable the startup items, services and win.ini and rebooted. All because my startup time was becoming an issue. I then changed back to normal startup and all were gone.

    I could see how there is some kind of log that could get lost in this process.

Disk Space System Restore Windows XP