How to replace Inspiron 8200 Keyboard

Has anyone seen a good website explaining for the technically mediocre
how to replace a Dell Inspiron keyboard. I did find one for Latitudes
(http://support.us.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc600/sm_html/remove.htm)
and it may do for general guidance but it would be better to have
something specifically for the one I have (Inspiron 8200).

Remove all the screws from the bottom marked "K" and the one marked
"K/M". Gently pry up the keyboard at teh blank key on the right side.
Disconnect the cable, pull keyboard slightly to the right and up and
out. Simple really...

On 18 Sep 2005 12:40:17 -0700, "Skookum" <ndale@uniserve.com> wrote:

>Has anyone seen a good website explaining for the technically mediocre
>how to replace a Dell Inspiron keyboard. I did find one for Latitudes
>(http://support.us.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc600/sm_html/remove.htm)
>and it may do for general guidance but it would be better to have
>something specifically for the one I have (Inspiron 8200).

Skookum,
Here is the web page from Dell for removing and replacing parts for Insp 8200:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8200/en/sm_en/remove.htm#1084976

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Skookum" <ndale@uniserve.com> wrote in message news:1127072417.891272.304880@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Has anyone seen a good website explaining for the technically mediocre
how to replace a Dell Inspiron keyboard. I did find one for Latitudes
(http://support.us.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc600/sm_html/remove.htm)
and it may do for general guidance but it would be better to have
something specifically for the one I have (Inspiron 8200).

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Have you checked the www.bay-wolf.com website? That has been the