Value of NOS MB playfield Clear coated by Bill Davis

Hello RGP...

My good buddy & I had our MB playfeilds CC by Bill Davis. Our project
is almost done. We apply the 5 decals this week.

My question; My friend sent an additional NOS playfield at the same
time. Bill clear coated it too. It was prefect NOS & completely
dimpled. What is a fair value for it?

Thanks Kerry Richard

Almost done, haven't you been working on those MBs for about 2
years(LOL). Just sold NOS MB for 1400. So figure about 1700.

WOW! good memory.

Yes, it's been a little over 2 years (BTW: That is how long all 3 of
these playfields have been curring).

We spray painted the cabs w/ 2 coats of enamel last week. We are spray
painting 2 more tomorrow. Then the icing on the cake! (Decals).

Playfield rebuilt and ready to be dropped in.

Kerry Richard

martin

Steve, that's a nice idea and many of the participants on RGP would do
the right thing. But the process breaks down when you get to a machine
that cannot be recovered. Water damage will do that. Or somebody tries
to cut corners with a home touchup and clearcoat that goes wrong.

I went through the same thinking myself in January, when I decide that
MB was worth too much to have me splodging around on the playfield.

The problem is a playfield is worth $1400.

Anyhow, take your machine apart, send the playfield off, and figure on
a fabulous end-of-year MB.

I consider myself a "pay it forward" kind of person ........I may have a
hard time explaining my question on this..... maybe I need to start another
thread on this.......... Well here goes..... Is there any likely hood of a
few MB owners (or any other pin for that matter) saying "hey I have this NOS
playfield , I will put it into my machine and pass the old damaged playfield
off to another MB owner for a ridiculously low price"....... but there would
have to be a stipulation something along the lines of when the person gets
the unrestored playfield they then send it off to PFR or BD or CH etc.......
when they get it back from the restorer they must pass off the unrestored
playfield that they take out of their machine off to the next person and so
forth............ me? If I had the money to tie up I would buy this
playfield and start that process (even at 1700 BUT I think that is too high
when I know that I can get mine restored for around 500 total) and the only
thing I would ask is that at the end when everybody who wanted in this
"circle" is done would be that I get the final unrestored playfield
back..........I know that in this is a mere pipe dream........ but maybe
there are others who feel this way and make this work............... and if
someone doesnt do as they have promised it is posted on here for future
reference..............

--
Steve Herman
"T"wilight "Z"one, "S"hadow, & "M"onster "B"ash (on its way)
<krichard@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> WOW! good memory.
>
> Yes, it's been a little over 2 years (BTW: That is how long all 3 of
> these playfields have been curring).
>
> We spray painted the cabs w/ 2 coats of enamel last week. We are spray
> painting 2 more tomorrow. Then the icing on the cake! (Decals).
>
> Playfield rebuilt and ready to be dropped in.
>
> Kerry Richard

martin

The problem is, if you have a MB that really NEEDS a playfield, the
supply is so tight that you might end up paying the $1700. But if your
playfield is OK, why get a second one?

So you could sell the pf at a high price if the right opportunity came
along, but you might also end up holding it. If one of the restorers
had a fire, or UPS lost a playfield, you could cash in if the playfield
was insured (I insured mine for $2K).

Hello Group...Well I talked to my buddy Dave, this morning.

BTW: for clarifacation to some who emailed;

This MB playfield is brand new (NOS; New Old Stock) that is dimpled
(all T-nuts in place on the back) and was clear coated by Bill Davis,
over 2 years ago. He did no touch-up at all.

Dave said if any interest $2,200 or best offer.

You can email me. I'll forward your interest directly to him, so you
can discuss it further. He dosen't spend any time on this group.

Just passing on this info to those in need of a special / rare
playfield.

Thanks for your interest.

Kerry Richard

for arguments sake...............
say I bought this playfield..............
put it in my machine....................
sent my old one to be restored ...............
could I sell the old one for 1400

--
"martin" <martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Steve, that's a nice idea and many of the participants on RGP would do
> the right thing. But the process breaks down when you get to a machine
> that cannot be recovered. Water damage will do that. Or somebody tries
> to cut corners with a home touchup and clearcoat that goes wrong.
>
> I went through the same thinking myself in January, when I decide that
> MB was worth too much to have me splodging around on the playfield.
>
> The problem is a playfield is worth $1400.
>

> Anyhow, take your machine apart, send the playfield off, and figure on
> a fabulous end-of-year MB.

No, I'd guess $750-1k

NOS in nearly perfect condition demands a substantial premium over restored
to similar condition.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Steve Herman" <steveandchampayne@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> for arguments sake...............
> say I bought this playfield..............
> put it in my machine....................
> sent my old one to be restored ...............
> could I sell the old one for 1400
>
> --
> Steve Herman
> "T"wilight "Z"one, "S"hadow, & "M"onster "B"ash (on its way)
> Kissimmee Florida 34741
> steveandchampayne at earthlink dot net
> "martin" <martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Steve, that's a nice idea and many of the participants on RGP would do
>> the right thing. But the process breaks down when you get to a machine
>> that cannot be recovered. Water damage will do that. Or somebody tries
>> to cut corners with a home touchup and clearcoat that goes wrong.
>>
>> I went through the same thinking myself in January, when I decide that
>> MB was worth too much to have me splodging around on the playfield.
>>
>> The problem is a playfield is worth $1400.
>>

>> Anyhow, take your machine apart, send the playfield off, and figure on
>> a fabulous end-of-year MB.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:57:26 -0500, "John Wart, jr"
<johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote:

>No, I'd guess $750-1k
>
>NOS in nearly perfect condition demands a substantial premium over restored
>to similar condition.

I've paid $700-1000 for nice, restorable playfields for some of the
most popular games. These typically have had small insert chips, tiny
scrapes, minor scoop wear or ball tracking. I'd guess a NOS MB
playfield would be worth $1500 or so..

we are 4 months away from the price of these original playfields
dropping DRAMATICALLY

SELL, SELL, SELL

the remakes will be BETTER than the originals

People will want to run away from originals

Gary

Gary,
I am asking you this because it seems at times you have some good
information. Will these playfields come pre wired (plue and play) as
an option?

Charlie L.

There will be no plug and play playfields (at least not at first)

the playfields will be drilled and heavily cleared

There will be no need for after market clearing from what I understand

The colors are going to be more vibrant than the originals and there
will not be glue issues with the inserts because it will be done
correctly

Remember, WMS just wanted to pump this stuff out

I have the story of the century on Gary Stern, but I can't release it
yet because I have not been able to double source it yet.

Huge, huge, huge changes possible at Stern

Huge ...

gary

There will be FRESH new Monster Bash playfields in late October

SELL, SELL, SELL

amazing you can get $2000 for one now

AMAZING

gary

More information:

There could be as many as 50 decals packages released by Christmas

as many as 50 ...

It is just a matter of getting the printer to open the files (original)
and then print them out

You are going to be shocked at the amount and variety of decal packages
released

I am talking side cabinet art-full packages

and not only for the most popular WMS pins

you are going to see cabinet art for the lesser names as well I believe

This hobby is starting to move forward again as I am getting a lot of
great news

gary

First 4 playfields to be released

Monster Bash

MM

Funhouse

and Attack from Mars

if you have originals, sell them while you can still get the big bucks

gary

final piece of news and then I am going to take my wife to the movies

SOMEONE is going to be made an example of by WMS and I believe actually
prosecuted for the copyright issues

not sure who

but from what I hear they are going to pick someone and go after them
ALL THE WAY

just an FYI only

I am not wishing this to happen

Don't shoot the messenger

but be careful guys ...

Gary

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I wonder how much longer this will be classified as a special/rare
playfield?

I hear repros from the original artwork coming around the mountain(just my
gut feeling).

The repros even have the potential to be better than the originals.

Good luck with the Pf. I hope the fella gets 3k+ for it.

Otto

CARGPB11

> Dave said if any interest $2,200 or best offer.
>
> You can email me. I'll forward your interest directly to him, so you
> can discuss it further. He dosen't spend any time on this group.
>
> Just passing on this info to those in need of a special / rare
> playfield.

High Tension

just saw it

along with about 20 stops at different stores for stuff with my wife

very good movie with a LOUSY ending

very lousy ending

gary