Temp files/folders - ok to delete?

I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
as follows:
Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
ZGtemp,
{5809e7cf-4dcf-11d4-9875-00105ace7734}
{968c3403-53ac-44da-b6c5-2a902bd8bbe9}
{6BE2A4A4-99FB-48ED-AE1E-4E850389F804}
~adtmp
{53123982-7785-4FE7-B47C-567E4ED7A31C}

Some of these folders do carry installer files used to
install software such as sun java, fellowes mediaface
labeler, systemboard drivers, zipgenius, and picasa.

Files in temporary folder are:
1e8bd6, 12aebd, 87858, a3b1c (mst)
aspnetsetup, dotnetfx, drvldr, IDSinst, javainstall,
java_install_reg, jusched, LSinstall, mmmxl, netfx, netfxsl,
netfxupdate, Roxioinstall, SNDmon, SNDsetup55, SNDunin,
SNDupdater55I (all text files)
..tmp files include fee5e75c, plf1, set1, set2, set3, setb0
and have some size.
html files = wahtmltmp00, swtmp
xml = jupdate1.5.0

I am questioning whether these files & folders can be
removed without compromising either an uninstall or actual
program or component operation.
--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

Yes, you can delete files in TEMP folders. If you are unsure, reboot and
check the folder(s) again. XP will not let you delete a file that is in
use. Also if you just installed software you should reboot. Then check the
folder(s) again. Some programs require these files after a reboot. It is
good practice to always reboot after installing any software.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:fx6n1kemt8rf$.1kk49lyyuzgv6$.dlg@40tude.net,
Lester stiefel <les7954@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
> I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
> in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
> as follows:
> Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
> HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
> ZGtemp,
> {5809e7cf-4dcf-11d4-9875-00105ace7734}
> {968c3403-53ac-44da-b6c5-2a902bd8bbe9}
> {6BE2A4A4-99FB-48ED-AE1E-4E850389F804}
> ~adtmp
> {53123982-7785-4FE7-B47C-567E4ED7A31C}
>
> Some of these folders do carry installer files used to
> install software such as sun java, fellowes mediaface
> labeler, systemboard drivers, zipgenius, and picasa.
>
> Files in temporary folder are:
> 1e8bd6, 12aebd, 87858, a3b1c (mst)
> aspnetsetup, dotnetfx, drvldr, IDSinst, javainstall,
> java_install_reg, jusched, LSinstall, mmmxl, netfx, netfxsl,
> netfxupdate, Roxioinstall, SNDmon, SNDsetup55, SNDunin,
> SNDupdater55I (all text files)
> .tmp files include fee5e75c, plf1, set1, set2, set3, setb0
> and have some size.
> html files = wahtmltmp00, swtmp
> xml = jupdate1.5.0
>
> I am questioning whether these files & folders can be
> removed without compromising either an uninstall or actual
> program or component operation.
> --
> Lester Stiefel
> In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
> which describe him in the last days.
> Is your quality found on this list??

Malke

Lester stiefel wrote:

> I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
> in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
> as follows:
> Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
> HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
(snip)

You can delete all the Temp files. You can set a cron job to do this for
you - just man cron. Oh wait, you're asking about *Windows*! I thought
you said loudly not long ago that you were switching to Linux.

You can delete the Temp files in Windows, too.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Lester stiefel wrote:
>

> > I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
> > in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
> > as follows:
> > Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
> > HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
> (snip)
>
> You can delete all the Temp files. You can set a cron job to do this for
> you - just man cron. Oh wait, you're asking about *Windows*! I thought
> you said loudly not long ago that you were switching to Linux.
>
> You can delete the Temp files in Windows, too.
>
> Malke
> --

Cheap shot ! Cheap shot !! -- I like it !! ;-)

<LOL> You must have missed this announcement...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/7ec1396742fe2118/9423b3e80628d51b?lnk=st&q=author:Lester+author:stiefel&rnum=4&hl=en#9423b3e80628d51b

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OobE6ZwlFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Malke <notreally@invalid.com> hunted and pecked:
> Lester stiefel wrote:
>

>> I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
>> in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
>> as follows:
>> Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
>> HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
> (snip)
>
> You can delete all the Temp files. You can set a cron job to do this for
> you - just man cron. Oh wait, you're asking about *Windows*! I thought
> you said loudly not long ago that you were switching to Linux.
>
> You can delete the Temp files in Windows, too.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Malke

That will happen on a job like this. That is just the type of thing that
can happen. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uJYqN%23wlFHA.2080@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Malke <notreally@invalid.com> hunted and pecked:
> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>
>> <LOL> You must have missed this announcement...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/7ec1396742fe2118/9423b3e80628d51b?lnk=st&q=author:Lester+author:stiefel&rnum=4&hl=en#9423b3e80628d51b

> Yeah, I must have been blocking. ;-)
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Alias

Reboot.

Open the Temp Folder. Hit Ctrl+A. Hit Shift + Del. If XP doesn't want you
deleting something, it will tell you but I doubt you will get any burbs.

Alias

"Lester stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote

> I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
> in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
> as follows:
> Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
> HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
> ZGtemp,
> {5809e7cf-4dcf-11d4-9875-00105ace7734}
> {968c3403-53ac-44da-b6c5-2a902bd8bbe9}
> {6BE2A4A4-99FB-48ED-AE1E-4E850389F804}
> ~adtmp
> {53123982-7785-4FE7-B47C-567E4ED7A31C}
>
> Some of these folders do carry installer files used to
> install software such as sun java, fellowes mediaface
> labeler, systemboard drivers, zipgenius, and picasa.
>
> Files in temporary folder are:
> 1e8bd6, 12aebd, 87858, a3b1c (mst)
> aspnetsetup, dotnetfx, drvldr, IDSinst, javainstall,
> java_install_reg, jusched, LSinstall, mmmxl, netfx, netfxsl,
> netfxupdate, Roxioinstall, SNDmon, SNDsetup55, SNDunin,
> SNDupdater55I (all text files)
> .tmp files include fee5e75c, plf1, set1, set2, set3, setb0
> and have some size.
> html files = wahtmltmp00, swtmp
> xml = jupdate1.5.0
>
> I am questioning whether these files & folders can be
> removed without compromising either an uninstall or actual
> program or component operation.
> --
> Lester Stiefel
> In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
> which describe him in the last days.
> Is your quality found on this list??

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Lester stiefel wrote:
>

>> I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
>> in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
>> as follows:
>> Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
>> HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
> (snip)
>
> You can delete all the Temp files. You can set a cron job to do this for
> you - just man cron. Oh wait, you're asking about *Windows*! I thought
> you said loudly not long ago that you were switching to Linux.

He made a stab, I saw a couple of questions He asked on a Linux NG about
MandrivaLinux LE 2005, apparently He couldn't comprehend the feedback.

Malke

Incognitus wrote:

> "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Lester stiefel wrote:
>>

>>> I noticed I have quite a number of temp files and folders
>>> in the temp folder (in documents and settings). The list is
>>> as follows:
>>> Folders:IS9F~tmp, IS10~tmp, IS134~tmp,
>>> HSPerfdata_<user>,ns_tmp, nsq6.tmp, pft3~tmp, picasa, vwpt,
>> (snip)
>>
>> You can delete all the Temp files. You can set a cron job to do this
>> for you - just man cron. Oh wait, you're asking about *Windows*! I
>> thought you said loudly not long ago that you were switching to
>> Linux.
>
> He made a stab, I saw a couple of questions He asked on a Linux NG
> about MandrivaLinux LE 2005, apparently He couldn't comprehend the
> feedback.

If he couldn't understand Mandriva, there's no hope then. (Not a slam at
Mandriva - I've tried it and it is very nice; I just love SuSE better.)

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com