Loosing Folder Customization Setting.... Again

Ed

A while back, I posted a problem on here where all my folders kept
loosing the customized settings I had assigned to each one and
resorted to opening in reduced size with all the icons resorting to a
Tile Appearance. One note, the desktop appearance is not changing,
just the contents of each folder listed on the desktop.

Last time this happened, someone directed me to a Registry fix that
Increases XP Folder View Size Limits to 8000. That fixed the problem.
However, and now a few months later, the problem is back and there is
NO WAY that I have 8000 folders. I did run the registry fix again but
that didn’t help. I have not installed anything new on my computer
except for this latest MS verification thing. Last new program
installation was many months ago.

Running XP-Home SP-2

Anyone have any ideas.

Regards,
Ed

Ed Wrote:
> A while back, I posted a problem on here where all my folders kept
> loosing the customized settings I had assigned to each one and
> resorted to opening in reduced size with all the icons resorting to a
> Tile Appearance. One note, the desktop appearance is not changing,
> just the contents of each folder listed on the desktop.
>
> Last time this happened, someone directed me to a Registry fix that
> Increases XP Folder View Size Limits to 8000. That fixed the problem.
> However, and now a few months later, the problem is back and there is
> NO WAY that I have 8000 folders. I did run the registry fix again but
> that didn’t help. I have not installed anything new on my computer
> except for this latest MS verification thing. Last new program
> installation was many months ago.
>
> Running XP-Home SP-2
>
> Anyone have any ideas.
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Wish I would have seen this post- having similar problem- I get all my
folders customized the way I want (or try to) and things keep changing
on their own- thumbnail images etc. I too have jacked up my folder
remember number to something obscene but doesn't seem to affect it.

--
Chadillac69

Ed

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:19:56 +0000, Chadillac69
<Chadillac69.1t931n@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>Wish I would have seen this post- having similar problem- I get all my
>folders customized the way I want (or try to) and things keep changing
>on their own- thumbnail images etc. I too have jacked up my folder
>remember number to something obscene but doesn't seem to affect it.

Doesn't look as if there is a fix for it since there have been no
replies to the problem....

Just for information, I run a desktop and laptop. The laptop contents
(software and data wise) is a mirror copy of what is on the desktop.
I.E. whenever a data files is added, changed or deleted on the
desktop, the same changes are made on the laptop. However, the laptop
is the only one that is having this problems. Soooo.... it just may
have something to do with hardware, if that is possible!

Anyone care to jump in and offer suggestions........

Regards,
Ed