Upgrading a Deskpro 4000

I've got an old DP4000 here. It has192Mb RAM but that's about the only thing
that's high spec about it. Upgrading the HDD is easy of course but what
about the CPU? Is it just a 'lift and drop' operation or is it less
straightforward than that (and if so, is a swap out of the motherboard
straightforward)?

Cheers all...

--
JJ (UK)

fred

"JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
> I've got an old DP4000 here. It has192Mb RAM but that's about the only
> thing
> that's high spec about it. Upgrading the HDD is easy of course but what
> about the CPU? Is it just a 'lift and drop' operation or is it less
> straightforward than that (and if so, is a swap out of the motherboard
> straightforward)?
>
> Cheers all...
>
> --
> JJ (UK)

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I also have a DP4000 though a 6233MMX.
I don't get the F10 option to enter setup, just an F12 for network boot. Do
you have any idea how to enter setup - I believe I have a corrupted HD and
it won't boot from HD?