Sign in with
Your question

How to boot up windows 7 on new pc with a usb????

Last response: in Windows 7
October 9, 2012 3:41:20 AM

I just built my first pc today but am having troubles installing windows 7. I am reusing my 1TB HDD from my HP Pavilion which had windows 7 installed on it and also have the serial key. I hear that you can create a bootable windows 7 installation using a usb but am having difficulties learning what I have to do exactly. It is painstaking to have my brand new machine purring next to me and not being able to do a thing about it!! Thanks for any help in advance!

More about : boot windows usb

a b $ Windows 7
October 9, 2012 12:33:04 PM

I've installed Windows 7 from a flash drive once before, as stated above, just follow one of the many guides out there on how to setup it up and you should be set.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
October 9, 2012 12:42:07 PM

lowep92 said:
I just built my first pc today but am having troubles installing windows 7. I am reusing my 1TB HDD from my HP Pavilion which had windows 7 installed on it and also have the serial key. I hear that you can create a bootable windows 7 installation using a usb but am having difficulties learning what I have to do exactly. It is painstaking to have my brand new machine purring next to me and not being able to do a thing about it!! Thanks for any help in advance!

Was the installation of Windows 7 on the HP supplied with the machine when you bought it? If so it will be OEM and you cannot transfer the license to another PC.
m
l
October 9, 2012 1:25:52 PM

You can build a bootable USB from the Win7 iso - there is a free tool you can get from Microsoft that takes all the uncertainty out of it provided that you have the correct iso. I believe this is where I got mine, but I could be wrong:
http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Too...

Good luck!
m
l
!