Auto login for Admin

Howdy All,

How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?

Thanks,
Brian
6 answers Last reply
More about auto login admin

    Download TweakUI for XP and fill in the appropriate boxes.

    Brian wrote:

    > Howdy All,
    >
    > How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    1. Go to Start | Run and type in: control userpasswords2 | Ok.

    2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password
    To Use This Computer check box and then click OK.

    3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user
    name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you
    start your computer.

    You can accomplish the same thing by:

    Download and install tweakui for xp and use its auto logon feature.

    Lastly you can add the Dialog box that comes up when running control
    userpasswords 2 to the Control Panel with the following tweak:

    Add Control User Passwords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Hi Brian,

    1) Click on Start/Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

    2) Uncheck 'Users must enter a passwords...'

    3) Hit apply and supply the username and password for the account under which you want Windows to
    log in everytime.

    4) Ok your way out.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLVjciwlFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Howdy All,
    >
    > How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    Thanks all, very helpful.

    "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Howdy All,
    >
    > How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer
    > starts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    'How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP'
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Brian wrote:

    > Howdy All,
    >
    > How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    Already suggested him similar methods about 2 hrs ago :o)

    --

    "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message news:OkLWEvxlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Brian wrote:
    >
    >> Howdy All,
    >>
    >> How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Brian
    >
    > 1. Go to Start | Run and type in: control userpasswords2 | Ok.
    >
    > 2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer
    > check box and then click OK.
    >
    > 3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the
    > account you want to be logged on each time you start your computer.
    >
    > You can accomplish the same thing by:
    >
    > Download and install tweakui for xp and use its auto logon feature.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
    >
    > Lastly you can add the Dialog box that comes up when running control userpasswords 2 to the
    > Control Panel with the following tweak:
    >
    > Add Control User Passwords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Login Computers Microsoft Windows XP