  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 2, 2005 1:19:21 AM

Howdy All,

How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?

Thanks,
Brian

More about : auto login admin

August 2, 2005 1:19:22 AM

Download TweakUI for XP and fill in the appropriate boxes.

"Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Howdy All,
>
> How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer
> starts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

August 2, 2005 1:36:34 AM

Brian wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

1. Go to Start | Run and type in: control userpasswords2 | Ok.

2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password
To Use This Computer check box and then click OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user
name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you
start your computer.

You can accomplish the same thing by:

Download and install tweakui for xp and use its auto logon feature.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

Lastly you can add the Dialog box that comes up when running control
userpasswords 2 to the Control Panel with the following tweak:

Add Control User Passwords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
August 2, 2005 3:31:12 AM

Hi Brian,

1) Click on Start/Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

2) Uncheck 'Users must enter a passwords...'

3) Hit apply and supply the username and password for the account under which you want Windows to
log in everytime.

4) Ok your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLVjciwlFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Howdy All,
>
> How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

August 2, 2005 12:06:44 PM

Thanks all, very helpful.

"Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Howdy All,
>
> How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer
> starts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 12:15:02 PM

'How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP'
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Brian wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> How can I make XP automatically login in the Admin when the computer starts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:47:51 PM

Already suggested him similar methods about 2 hrs ago :o )

--

!