Sony vs dell laptops

pavan_yuvaraj

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Hello,
guys this is pavan and i need a laptop for study and entertainment purpose and i am confused with sony and dell which one should i have to select and which one is the best one so please suggest the best brand for me and my config is i3,320gb HD, and 3gb RAM,so please give me the right suggestion i am waiting for ur reply

Honestly, I would suggest the dell. they are easy to work with, parts are cheap and easy to find. dell has great customer support. Sony on the other hand should stick to audio and TV. sony laptops are glitchy, tend to have video issues, and dont last. this is just in my opinion. But I see more sony vaio's come in for repair issues than dells.

guerilla_logic

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Agreed my mom just bought a Dell laptop and we haven't had any problems with it yet but I also know people who have sony Vaio laptops and love them. Both brands are reputable so it's just preference of who you would want to deal with if there was ever an issue.

bigman8291

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
With a dell more times than not, you WILL get more bang for your buck hardware-wise whereas if your more about aesthetics the sony maybe the better choice as they are (IMO) usually better looking.