Looking For An Erosion-Proof Keyboard

Tags:
  • Keyboards
  • Silver
  • Enermax
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 8, 2009 11:17:53 AM

I have very oily fingers, and even the most durable keyboard only seems to last 6 months for me. I'm currently using an Enermax KB007U-S Silver keyboard which seems to be holding up okay, but it's been 6 months and the silver paint on some of the keys is starting to disappear. The space bar has already lost a lot of paint. I would appreciate a keyboard similar to the Enermax: 104 keys (I don't need any special media keys aside from the basic Windows key), wired (I don't care for or need wireless in my setup), and solidly built so it doesn't shift around when I'm trying to type. Money is not an issue; heck, if the letters on the keys were made of a different material from the keys I would happily go for that. It seems that any keyboard that uses any kind of painted/printed keys at all is not safe from my fingers. I do wash my hands early and often, but they are just naturally super oily.

More about : erosion proof keyboard

August 11, 2009 10:21:52 PM

I actually did stumble upon your site in my search, but unfortunately you don't have a keyboard that has a more standard layout (I'm not fond of trackball mice). I ended up going with a Deck Legend since the keys are imprinted subdermally (sp?).
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2009 10:49:12 PM

I see, well I'm glad you've found what you're looking for! Just for future reference if you do look for keyboards again, our TY1000 doesn't have a trackball and is just the keyboard. Have a good one!
m
l
Anonymous
October 5, 2010 7:17:36 PM

DSI-Bradley said:
I see, well I'm glad you've found what you're looking for! Just for future reference if you do look for keyboards again, our TY1000 doesn't have a trackball and is just the keyboard. Have a good one!

DSI-Bradley, the TY1000 looks nothing like the Deck keyboard. Why are you still trying to sell it to the person?
m
l
!