Access to other computers

Can someone tell me how to access my network files. I
set up workgroup under My Network Places. I see the work
group listed however I can't gain access to the files. I
get a message that says that "the workgroup is not
accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. The list of servers for this workgroup
is not currently available." Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Did you enable file sharing on both computers? Go to START, MY COMPUTER, right click on the drive(s) you want to access, left click on SHARING AND SECURITY...... and enable file sharing.
Hope this helps.
--
A denizen of the Pacific Northwest

"mlk2" wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to access my network files. I
> set up workgroup under My Network Places. I see the work
> group listed however I can't gain access to the files. I
> get a message that says that "the workgroup is not
> accessible. You might not have permission to use this
> network resource. The list of servers for this workgroup
> is not currently available." Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

joker

This is a Windows security issue at this point. I suggest posting on
the Windows newsgroup for the version that is doing the sharing because
it is the computer giving the error.

This newsgroup is for the Microsoft networking hardware only.