CROWLEY CD CASSETTE PLAYER\\

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMILLER

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I PURCHASED CROWLEY CD CASSETTE PLAYER. I CAN'T GET THIS UNIT TO FINALIZE MY CD ONCE I HAVE RECORDED FROM A CASSETTE. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION BUT WHEN I PRESS THE FINALIZE BUTTON IT WILL DISPLAY MINS. AND TRACK THEN YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO PLAY/PAUSE AND IT BEGINS TO PLAY BACK THE RECORDING BUT WILL NOT OPEN THE TRAY AND SAY COMPLETED. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE IT FINISH SO I CAN PLAY THE CD ON MY OTHER PLAYERS?

THANK YOU

Solution
G
Tell me more. Is this actually an audio cassette player with a CD recorder built in ?

PMILLER

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
YES, IT PLAYS CASSETTE, RECORDS, AM/FM AND CD. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE TO RECORD A CD FROM THE CASSETTE TAPE OR RECORDS. WHEN I RECORD THE CASSETTE IT WILL LET ME PLAY THE CD BACK ON THIS PLAYER BUT IT WILL NOT LET ME FINALIZE THE CD SO I CAN REPLAY THE CD ON ANOTHER PLAYER OTHER THAN THIS ONE -

G

I'm afraid that for reasons that have yet to emerge, freestanding CD recorders have an abysmal reliability record compared with apparently similar computer drives.

I have 3 different Philips and Sony recorders and each has reached me because previous owners had problems and gave up to use computers to record instead. Another 2 Philips decks were dead when found in a dumpster and a flea market.

I can only suggest you try different brands of CDR. My Philips decks don't work reliably with Verbatim discs but the Sony does.

I presume this machine requires so-called Audio CDR -- which limits the choice a bit. Frankly these discs are a swindle -- costing 5 times the price of data discs simply because they have a bit of code written onto them that permits the recorder to work.

On two of my machines I have butchered the hardware to permit the use of data discs.

My advice is if you can't get your recorder to work reliably use the CD/DVD writer in your computer -- you just need a program like Audacity and a cable to link a cassette deck to the line-in input of the computer's sound circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.