Sign in with
Your question

Help with picking 23/24 inch LCD! Please read

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 10, 2009 3:48:04 PM

Hi everyone, i have been using the samsung syncmaster 953bw (19inch) for almost a year and a half now, its great, the screen is vibrant and overall everything looks awesome.

Samsungs specs boast that it has a 8000:1 contrast ratio, 2ms response time, and so forth.

This year, i realized i want to upgrade to a bigger LCD, either a 23 or 24 inch. Especially since you can get them for under $250...

so far ive found this dell 23 inch.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/pr...

it looks great... but im not a display wizard or anything... it says it has a 1000:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response time... i usually use my pc for watching movies, playing games, and general computing.

I have a single GTX 260 and running a high res should be no problem, but can someone give me any insight?

Or possibly other choices i can look at? I saw some on newegg from vendors like asus, but ive never bought any visual equipment from those companies so im a bit skeptical.

More about : picking inch lcd read

August 10, 2009 5:45:59 PM

Well I have not used either screen but from the spec it would appear that they are both of the same quality except that the dell is bigger and has a higher resolution.

!