spartan92

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
This might be a really stupid question, but I'm getting ready to buy components to build my first system and had a question about what storage to buy for backup of files - mostly digital music and a few documents.

Can I just buy a second internal hard drive to back stuff up to? If so, can I use the same copy of Windows XP Professional to load onto both drives...or do I even need to load XP on it at all? I figure I need to format it some way but not sure about the particulars.

I'm just trying to decide between buying a second internal hard drive to use as backup or if I should buy an external drive of some sort. I probably don't need a ton of space - probably about 50 Gig.

Any advice/informed opinions are appreciated - thanks!

RichPLS

Champion
Cheapest and fastest is another internal drive plus backup software, a version is included with XP.
A more secure and the simplest form is something along the line of external Maxtor One-Touch backup. Starts at around $160 for a 200 gig model.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>