xp deletes system restore points when disk space is low - ..

August 2, 2005 1:47:19 AM

windows xp deletes all your system restore points if you become low on
disk space
this is ridiculous
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:26:48 AM

This is by design. And for good reason. Either delete files to gain more free disk space,
or install a larger drive.
Description of System Restore
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/description.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

qbits killed the cat wrote:
> windows xp deletes all your system restore points if you
> become low on disk space
> this is ridiculous
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 7:08:26 AM

qbits killed the cat wrote:
> *windows xp deletes all your system restore points if you become low
> on
> disk space
> this is ridiculous *

AFAIK, every Windows restore point needs about 300mb and the space
needed for these points is stated in the roll settings. I have never
heard that Windows XP deletes all your system restore points if you
become low on disk space..., but if you think about it, it's logical.

--
pc_addicted
August 2, 2005 8:26:56 PM

Hi,

System Restore requires a minimum of 200 MB of free disk space on the system drive at
installation. When the amount of free disk space falls below 50 MB on any monitored drive,
System Restore switches to standby mode and stops creating restore points. All restore
points are deleted at that time. System Restore reactivates and resumes creating restore
points as soon as 200 MB of disk space is free on the system drive.

For more information on System Restore, look here.

pc_addicted wrote:
> qbits killed the cat wrote:
>> *windows xp deletes all your system restore points if
>> you become low on
>> disk space
>> this is ridiculous *
>
> AFAIK, every Windows restore point needs about 300mb and
> the space needed for these points is stated in the roll
> settings. I have never heard that Windows XP deletes all
> your system restore points if you become low on disk
> space..., but if you think about it, it's logical.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:27:58 PM

Very well put, Robert.

--