Nvidia Unveils Tegra: A Computer On A Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

navvara

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
Seems to mee that Nvidia just gave Intel a slap on the wrist. I do hope that they don't end up like AMD, swamped by the waking giant.

Bombast

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
AMD got a double bang by both Intel and NVidia. Now that the little man has been beaten to a pulp, the leaders of GPU and CPU are coming to clash. I would like to see NVidia take this crown, but something in the back of my head tells me the mobile chip makers arn't going to take this laying down.

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
as article diverged into what should nvidia do? I think addresing Vista ultimate question is power point, its NOT cPU & its NOT Game card, so that leaves controllers, as HDD Must be slowed down to acomadate controllers. How about some powerful Vista Ultimate Controllers?

Tegra baby stuff for Mony, it should underwrite something HARD, like Good Vista Ultimate Mainboard.

Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Why does every hardware site seem to think Atom or Nano when findig a chip to compare Tegra to?
Truth is the real competitors of Tegra, at least in its first generation, will be the new releases STMicroelectronics STn8820(that have the same specs as Tegra except for the graphics) and OMAP3440 from Texas Instruments(which also seems simular).
Only real thing making the Atom a competitor is the fact that Atom is created to replaces Intels CE 2110 Media Processor, which featured an ARM inspired processor, because Intels saw x86 and compatability with ordinary computers as a bigger advantage than the extra effectivity of ARM processors.

G

"if the company captures 10% of global cellphone share with its Tegra APX and a decent portion of mobile computing market"
Tegra is used in smartphones. It accounts for ~20% of global mobile sales. Capturing 10% of all phones means 50% of smart phones. TI only has 60% of market share with its OMAP. The Tegra chip alone can beat TI OMAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.