Reputation check (kgs_bulldogs) & should I report to Ebay ..

Hi all! Here's my situation: I bought a pinball part from an Ebay
seller kgs_bulldogs. He appears to be reputable by his feedback (over
800). However, the auction ended on MAY 23rd, and I made payment THAT
day. When I didn't hear ANYTHING for 1 1/2 weeks, I started to contact
him by email and by phone. After THREE days of calling and emailing I
finally get his MOTHER on the phone. She says that he has been ill
with flu-like symptoms, and hasn't been feeling well enough to do his
Ebay stuff. I said I was sorry he was ill, but that if you have
SEVERAL auctions that ended, he should at least have someone contact
the buyers to let them know what's going on. She apologized for him,
and said he will get to it as soon as he can. (I didn't even get to
talk to him because she said he was sleeping.) I asked to be notified
when the item would be shipped. I waited a few more days, and emailed
again. Here is my email and the response that I got:

Dear albertthomka,

You asked:
"Today is now two weeks since the auction ended, and I paid you that
very day. If you are still sick, I would ask that you have someone mail
my item for you. I will be calling you later on today as well. If I
don't hear from you either on the phone or by email some time today, I
am reporting it to Ebay as Item Not Received. I contacted you three
times last week, by phone and email, and I spoke to your mother last
Thursday finally, and she said she would tell you that I am looking for
my item. I would like this transaction to go smmothly, but will not
wait longer than two weeks for it to be shipped out. -Al"

Al - Gene informed me he is sending out the item sometime today or
tomorrow. As soon as I find out how, I will let you know. He still
isn't 100% but he is able to package the items he has to ship.

Now, that response came on JUNE 6, which is now five days more at this
point. I have received no email confirming shipment, and have not
received the item. I called the seller two times more in the past two
days, only to get the answering machine (I KNOW someone is there
because it will ring busy for over 30 minutes straight at a time!)

Am I being unreasonable if I contact Ebay as Item Not Received and ask
for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)
Thanx all for your input.
-Al

-Al wrote:
> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

I would cut the guy some slack, Maybe hes got cancer or something
who knows? Many people who sell on ebay do not have someone to cover
for them if they die or whatever. If he runs more auctions after your
initial email than i would be upset because he is obviosly b.s.ing you.
At least youre getting a response about the problem etc. If it was me
in the same situation and I believed the person to be ill I would not
fret over a 15.00 item . JR/ I would reverse the situation. Its
possible the family suffered a tragedy- MAybe the guy died?/ I WOULD
LEAVE THEM ALONE UNLESS THE SELLER LISTS MORE ITEMS ON EBAY/jr
-Al

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have dealt with him many times and he's a excellent ebay seller. I
would buy from him again tomorrow. Be patient, he will come through.

Dan Heatherly

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

-Al wrote:
> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

That suprises me. I've bought many things from him w/o any problems at
all. I've noticed he hasn't been selling much lately... might actually
be due to the illness thing then. I'd give him a bit more time myself
before going the negative feedback route. Ask for a refund, threaten
the negative, if you get no answers in a week or 2 then you'd need to
lower the boom.

zTim

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Have done more than a few deals with him never a problem.So if you were
told he would handle it he will!His feedback should let you know your
not going to get cheated.He must be very sick give him a break!Rick
-Al wrote:
> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

Thanx everyone. I feel a bit more at ease after hearing from so many
people who have dealt with him. And I REALLY try to be reasonable in
my dealings. I think I'll hold off for a week or two more and see what
happens. I did check his auctions (none right now) and his last
feedback was from something that ended in like early May. I guess he
must be pretty darn sick! I hope he's not in the hospital or anything
at this point. I appreciate all your input into this matter. I just
needed to air my frustrations, and it's seems as though I'm being
hasty. Thanx again.

-Al

Hold off on putting out a negative. Look at his auctions. He hasn't listed
anything new and he usually lists new things every few days.

BTW if he had the flu/cold that I had earlier in the year he might have been
coughing up blood in the middle of the night! :)

Give it time.....remember you have 30 days with paypal.

--
Eric A.
eavedesianNOSPAM@comcast.net

Mr. Propane Torch!!

ELV!S,TZ,Cy(l*ne,FH,STTNG,RFM,BH,HS,HS2,B@by-P@c M@n,IJ,RS,BK
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I bought machines from him twice, would vouch for him... hope he is OK...

"-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

Many people use the term "flu" as if it we're just another common cold. But
the "flu" is influenza and can be a devastating illness. People die from
the flu every day and the next pandemic will likely be due to influenza
according to the world health organization.

So give the guy a break. You don't know how sick he's been and neither do
I. But you have gotten a reply from his family regarding a $15 item. I'd
be patient. You've still got plenty of time to leave negative feedback if
he doesn't come through with the merchandise.

- Steve

> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

It sounds like Gene is or has been ill. Too bad, he's a pretty decent,
reliable seller from my experience.

I'd be frustrated, too. No question there.

If you file item not recieved, they aren't going to lock his account unless
they've recieved several other item not recieved claims. Heck, PayPal won't
reverse the charges until he has adequate time to prove he has sent the
item!

I think it would be nice if he had someone notify his customers, but if the
guy is really sick, and it's a 1 man show, his health is probably more
important to him than your order. I think a negative after 19 days is a
little premature.

I hope you get your item soon, though!

--john

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Well Chris,
Dont feel bad,, I just sold a game & I was paid in advance,
last minute checking the game & I found a problem & Ended up having to
send Clive the Power Supply & knowning I'm looking at a 10 day turn
around,,, long story short,, I sent the buyer a refund until I have the
game 100 % like it should be,, I hated to do that, But I wasnt going to
Lie & lead this guy on for 2 weeks until I could ship the game,,,,,, My
point is, sometimes things happen & YES, he should at least let the
buyer know whats going on,,, But I'm sure Gene will get things right as
soon as he can,,, Chit-Happens .

Pin-Del,

I've bought from him in the past, if his mom says he's sick, cut him
some slack. Not everyone on ebay is a "business" so they don't ship
every day, etc.

Scott,
Not trying to piss you off but the advise to be a bit more patient is
BS! I'm sure you mean well and I have no ax to grind with you. Was he
"paitient when sending his money? This was +3wks ago and the item
still has not shipped. I'm all for giving the guy a break but 3 weeks
late on shipping... give ME a break! No two ways about it, in my eyes
this behaviour is bullshit, it says "I have what you want AND I have
your money. What are you going to do about? I have total control
over this matter" I have no hard on for Gene but like I said before,
if you can't ship it and agreed to ship it then ship it or don't try to
sell it. Pretty simple advise ...aye?

I had a guy pull this BS on me over some displays. He kept ignoring my
calls and emails. When I would talk to him he would say "I'll get it
done this week" or some other sorry ass excuse about being real busy.
I wouldn't trust this jerk again with anything.

My point here is excuses (smuck) are easy to make and being stand up
(good person) is harder. Choose what you want to be but don't try to
ride the fence.

Gene is out as far as a reputable seller in my book. I'm glad I read
this so I can steer clear of his sales.

Chris

PS. I hope Gene gets better soon and ships this guy his stuff.

Hi all! To keep you guys posted: I got an email from Gene today. He
said my item was shipped yesterday, and to let him know when I get it.
It appears as though he will be coming through. (I assume that means
he's feeling better, and I'm happy for that, cause I wouldn't wish
anyone to not feel well.) Once again, I only asked this question on
the board to see if I was being unreasonable. NOT to smear the guy's
name or reputation. I can see from his feedback that he is usually
very good. However, the LONG delay from payment time was concerning
me, and I wanted to see what others thought. I took everyone's
suggestion/information into account, and decided to give him a bit
longer. It looks like you all helped me make the right decision. I
think I'll even give the guy the benefit of the doubt and leave a
positive feedback (I thought about neutral, but sickness is something
we can't control) once the item gets here. All that I can hope/expect
is that he gives a VERY POSITIVE response back for my understanding and
patience. Thanx again all!

-Al

> I assume that means he's feeling better

That...or he reads R.G.P. It's amazing how the wheels start turning
when your being talked about around here!

:p

Barry - NY

I've purchased several items in the past with no problems what-so-ever.

I think you'll get your item. Just be a little more patient.

--
Scott
(Maryland)

> [...]
> for the account to be locked? I don't want to leave a negative because
> I KNOW he'll just leave a negative back (and his feedback is over 800
> the - will do almost nothing but with my feedback of 47 it will make a
> few % difference!) This is all over a $15 item, but it's the
> principals of it. IF he really was sick, isn't it appropriate to AT
> LEAST have someone contact your buyers? And is it unreasonable of me
> to expect that if he was sick for this long that he have someone send
> the completed items out? I feel as though I've given MORE than ample
> opportunity, and had taken it upon myself to make contact by email and
> phone, and my contact is not even being addressed! Let me know what
> you guys think. I'd like to report it as Item Not Received later on
> today. (It's been 19 days since the auction ended and I sent payment!)

Why not wait on the feedback until the item is received?

I had this happen to me and in the time I waited ( 2 weeks ) the guy got
4 neg feedbacks, all no ship dead beat things. I had Paypal get
involved and got a refund. The guy had all good feedback when I bought
the item.
-Al wrote:
> Hi all! To keep you guys posted: I got an email from Gene today. He
> said my item was shipped yesterday, and to let him know when I get it.
> It appears as though he will be coming through. (I assume that means
> he's feeling better, and I'm happy for that, cause I wouldn't wish
> anyone to not feel well.) Once again, I only asked this question on
> the board to see if I was being unreasonable. NOT to smear the guy's
> name or reputation. I can see from his feedback that he is usually
> very good. However, the LONG delay from payment time was concerning
> me, and I wanted to see what others thought. I took everyone's
> suggestion/information into account, and decided to give him a bit
> longer. It looks like you all helped me make the right decision. I
> think I'll even give the guy the benefit of the doubt and leave a
> positive feedback (I thought about neutral, but sickness is something
> we can't control) once the item gets here. All that I can hope/expect
> is that he gives a VERY POSITIVE response back for my understanding and
> patience. Thanx again all!
>
> -Al

I didn't mean it as "you should be a more patient person". I agree he's been
pretty patient up to this point.

He did get in touch with the sellers mom, wife, whatever, that offered an
explaination. Weather you, I or anyone agrees with it is beside the point.
I was simply saying that I believe that with a little more time (patience)
that he would get his item. That's all.

I just really don't think this seller is out to rip him off no matter how
bad he may be handling the transaction.

--
Scott
(Maryland)