Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

2 cable modems one pc increase download speed

Tags:
  • Download
  • Modem
  • Windows XP
August 2, 2005 2:09:01 AM

I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
sp2.

More about : cable modems increase download speed

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 2:27:48 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=connection+tea...

ABS wrote:

> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
> connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
> on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
> sp2.

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 7:11:07 PM

I do not believe that you will be getting any increase of download speed too
much. Both cable modems would be using the incoming cable, which will be
slowed down because to the download requests.

"Robert Moir" <robspamtrap+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ABS wrote:
>> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a
>> way to connect both modems and increase download speed?
>
> Thats a question you'd need to ask your ISP. I've not heard of this being
> done with Cable Modems to be honest, and given the way cable modems work
> it would be far easier and sensible for the ISP to just give you increased
> bandwidth with just one cable modem.

> Rob Moir
> Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
> Virtual PC 2004 FAQ -
> http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
> Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:49:24 PM

hello,

i have both dsl and cable and started looking for something that i think is
what you are looking for.
i came across this product a while back, but haven't had time to do much
research to see if there are other products like it.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

"ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
: I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
: connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
for
: on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
: sp2.
:
:
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:49:25 PM

I've already got a great router from sonicwall plus i am only looking for
software because of my sonicwall appliance.

"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> i have both dsl and cable and started looking for something that i think
> is
> what you are looking for.
> i came across this product a while back, but haven't had time to do much
> research to see if there are other products like it.
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
>
> --
> Indera
> * * * * * * * * * *
> Don't just live life.
> Live life well.
>

> "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> : I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way
> : connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
> for
> : on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp
> pro
> : sp2.
> :
> :

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:49:25 PM

There's a few other products like it like the HotBrick www.hotbrick.com i
think. also there is from Zyxel and then www.vicomsoft.com for a software
router but the hardware one you linked to is better for less. well, better
in that it's hardware.