2 cable modems one pc increase download speed

I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
sp2.
5 answers Last reply
More about cable modems increase download speed

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=connection+teaming

    ABS wrote:

    > I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
    > connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
    > on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
    > sp2.

    I do not believe that you will be getting any increase of download speed too
    much. Both cable modems would be using the incoming cable, which will be
    slowed down because to the download requests.

    "Robert Moir" <robspamtrap+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > ABS wrote:
    >> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a
    >> way to connect both modems and increase download speed?
    >
    > Thats a question you'd need to ask your ISP. I've not heard of this being
    > done with Cable Modems to be honest, and given the way cable modems work
    > it would be far easier and sensible for the ISP to just give you increased
    > bandwidth with just one cable modem.

    > Rob Moir
    > Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
    > Virtual PC 2004 FAQ -
    > http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
    > Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

    hello,

    i have both dsl and cable and started looking for something that i think is
    what you are looking for.
    i came across this product a while back, but haven't had time to do much
    research to see if there are other products like it.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=698031&Sku=X40-1004&CatId=198

    --
    Indera
    * * * * * * * * * *

    "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    : I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
    : connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
    for
    : on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
    : sp2.
    :
    :

    I've already got a great router from sonicwall plus i am only looking for
    software because of my sonicwall appliance.

    "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > i have both dsl and cable and started looking for something that i think
    > is
    > what you are looking for.
    > i came across this product a while back, but haven't had time to do much
    > research to see if there are other products like it.
    >
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=698031&Sku=X40-1004&CatId=198
    >
    > --
    > Indera
    > * * * * * * * * * *
    > Don't just live life.
    > Live life well.
    >

    > "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    > : I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way
    > : connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
    > for
    > : on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp
    > pro
    > : sp2.
    > :
    > :

    There's a few other products like it like the HotBrick www.hotbrick.com i
    think. also there is from Zyxel and then www.vicomsoft.com for a software
    router but the hardware one you linked to is better for less. well, better
    in that it's hardware.

    "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > i have both dsl and cable and started looking for something that i think
    > is
    > what you are looking for.
    > i came across this product a while back, but haven't had time to do much
    > research to see if there are other products like it.
    >
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=698031&Sku=X40-1004&CatId=198
    >
    > --
    > Indera
    > * * * * * * * * * *
    > Don't just live life.
    > Live life well.
    >

    > "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
    > : I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way
    > : connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
    > for
    > : on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp
    > pro
    > : sp2.
    > :
    > :