Incredimail

Hi All,
I'd like to ask some advice on using incredimail.
1. is it safe to use incredimail?
2. does incredimail contain spywares?
3. is incredimail compatible with Outlook & Outlook Express?
I am using Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6, NAV and MSAS.
Thanks,
Napoleon
20 answers Last reply
More about incredimail

    It should be named Incredible Resource Hog. Are you sure that you really want that on
    your system? Many people do not appreciate receiving that type of email. It may be
    pretty, but it takes up inbox space, and takes longer to download than plain text email
    messages, which people who have dialup accounts or small drives will not appreciate. It
    has been a while since I tested Incredimail, but I remember it being slow to load. I
    cannot remember if there was advertising to make up for it being free. I do not know if
    the newer versions contain adware or spyware. As for it being compatible with Outlook
    Express: I do not understand the question. If you mean: Will people who receive
    messages that you create with Incredimail be able to open and read them with the Outlook
    Express email client, YES. Will they want to? That is the Big question....
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    Napoleon wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I'd like to ask some advice on using incredimail.
    > 1. is it safe to use incredimail?
    > 2. does incredimail contain spywares?
    > 3. is incredimail compatible with Outlook & Outlook Express?
    > I am using Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6, NAV and MSAS.
    > Thanks,
    > Napoleon

    I have been using it for over two years now.
    The free version will slow your system down due to the banner
    advertising,however the registered version has no ads and is not hard on
    system resources.
    In responce to people not wanting to recieve a HTML e/mail you can always
    send them in plain text as well, depending on who your sending too, I due
    this when sending e/mail that is bussiness related or if I'm e/mailing
    someone in this newsgroup it really isn't a problem.
    Yes it is spyware free.
    Yes it is compatiable with OE and if you want you can still use OE it does
    not replace it.

    Also NAV is compatiable with IM in reguards to scanning your incoming e/m.
    I hope this helps.

    Mike Pawlak

    Thank you very much Tom Cruise, that was exactly the answer I want for the
    question on compability with Outlook Express, thanks again.
    Cheers

    "t.cruise" <t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It should be named Incredible Resource Hog. Are you sure that you really
    > want that on
    > your system? Many people do not appreciate receiving that type of email.
    > It may be
    > pretty, but it takes up inbox space, and takes longer to download than
    > plain text email
    > messages, which people who have dialup accounts or small drives will not
    > appreciate. It
    > has been a while since I tested Incredimail, but I remember it being slow
    > to load. I
    > cannot remember if there was advertising to make up for it being free. I
    > do not know if
    > the newer versions contain adware or spyware. As for it being compatible
    > with Outlook
    > Express: I do not understand the question. If you mean: Will people who
    > receive
    > messages that you create with Incredimail be able to open and read them
    > with the Outlook
    > Express email client, YES. Will they want to? That is the Big
    > question....
    > --
    >
    > T.C.
    > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    >

    > "Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >> I'd like to ask some advice on using incredimail.
    >> 1. is it safe to use incredimail?
    >> 2. does incredimail contain spywares?
    >> 3. is incredimail compatible with Outlook & Outlook Express?
    >> I am using Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6, NAV and MSAS.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Napoleon

    I have used it for 5 years now and I LOVE IT!!!! (the free version) my
    computer is working just find and it is not using all of the resources!!!!I
    would HIGHLY recomend it!!

    Jhoschak wrote:
    > I have used it for 5 years now and I LOVE IT!!!! (the free version) my
    > computer is working just find and it is not using all of the resources!!!!I
    > would HIGHLY recomend it!!
    > "Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>I'd like to ask some advice on using incredimail.
    >>1. is it safe to use incredimail?
    >>2. does incredimail contain spywares?
    >>3. is incredimail compatible with Outlook & Outlook Express?
    >>I am using Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6, NAV and MSAS.
    >>Thanks,
    >>Napoleon

    My son uses it as well as a number of my colleagues. I've also used it
    but the novelty wore off a couple of years back and I've since
    uninstalled it. It's not really a resource hog and as for people not
    wanting to receive html email... that's your call. I don't mind
    receiving this type of email and as far as I know, most of my friends in
    my address book have no preferences one way or the other. It certainly
    livens up the email experience. Try it for a while and see what 'you'
    think of it.

    Jhoschak wrote:
    > I have used it for 5 years now and I LOVE IT!!!! (the free version) my
    > computer is working just find and it is not using all of the resources!!!!I
    > would HIGHLY recomend it!!

    Why? What does it do that other more standard Email clients don't do
    other than have the ability to make ludicrously-garish emails?

    James wrote:
    > It certainly livens up the email experience.

    I think that's one of the saddest comments I've seen for a long time!

    gordon wrote:
    > James wrote:
    >
    >> It certainly livens up the email experience.
    >

    > I think that's one of the saddest comments I've seen for a long time!

    LOL... hey, Gord, different strokes for different...

    I might just as easily have remarked that your thoughts are by no means
    the "measure of all things", right? Because you and a few others posting
    here don't like html mail and the bells and whistles offered by IM, does
    not translate into IM being bad program. As you can see from my user
    agent string, I share your views regarding Thunderbird. But by no means
    would I attempt to dissuade someone else from using OE or Free Agent by
    ascribing some sort of "sad commentary" to such usage. Lighten up, Man.

    Robert Moir wrote:
    > James wrote:
    >
    >>gordon wrote:

    >>>I think that's one of the saddest comments I've seen for a long time!
    >>
    >>LOL... hey, Gord, different strokes for different...
    >>
    >>I might just as easily have remarked that your thoughts are by no
    >>means the "measure of all things", right? Because you and a few
    >>others posting here don't like html mail and the bells and whistles
    >>offered by IM, does not translate into IM being bad program. As you
    >>can see from my user agent string, I share your views regarding
    >>Thunderbird. But by no means would I attempt to dissuade someone else
    >>from using OE or Free Agent by ascribing some sort of "sad
    >>commentary" to such usage. Lighten up, Man.
    >

    > Well said.
    >
    > As the person who wrote the first and I think most venomous comment about
    > HTML mail, I want to say that I don't think it is up to me to tell people
    > what format to send their emails out in, but rather to tell those people
    > what formats i'm prepared to receive should they ever want to write me. A
    > subtle but very important difference, I'm sure you'll agree.

    ABsolutely (and I like your attitude). :-)

    "Robert Moir" <robspamtrap+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > James wrote:
    >> gordon wrote:

    >>> I think that's one of the saddest comments I've seen for a long
    >>> time!
    >>
    >> LOL... hey, Gord, different strokes for different...
    >>
    >> I might just as easily have remarked that your thoughts are by no
    >> means the "measure of all things", right? Because you and a few
    >> others posting here don't like html mail and the bells and whistles
    >> offered by IM, does not translate into IM being bad program. As you
    >> can see from my user agent string, I share your views regarding
    >> Thunderbird. But by no means would I attempt to dissuade someone else
    >> from using OE or Free Agent by ascribing some sort of "sad
    >> commentary" to such usage. Lighten up, Man.
    >
    > Well said.
    >
    > As the person who wrote the first and I think most venomous comment
    > about HTML mail, I want to say that I don't think it is up to me to
    > tell people what format to send their emails out in, but rather to
    > tell those people what formats i'm prepared to receive should they
    > ever want to write me. A subtle but very important difference, I'm
    > sure you'll agree.

    There's a problem with that. Unless you know that someone is going to email
    you beforehand, you can't tell them you don't accept HTML mail! Very often
    the first you know about it is when this whopping great email arrives,
    unannounced, in your inbox.

    Gordon wrote:
    > "Robert Moir" <robspamtrap+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>James wrote:

    >>>LOL... hey, Gord, different strokes for different...
    >>>
    >>>I might just as easily have remarked that your thoughts are by no
    >>>means the "measure of all things", right? Because you and a few
    >>>others posting here don't like html mail and the bells and whistles
    >>>offered by IM, does not translate into IM being bad program. As you
    >>>can see from my user agent string, I share your views regarding
    >>>Thunderbird. But by no means would I attempt to dissuade someone else
    >>>from using OE or Free Agent by ascribing some sort of "sad
    >>>commentary" to such usage. Lighten up, Man.
    >>
    >>Well said.
    >>
    >>As the person who wrote the first and I think most venomous comment
    >>about HTML mail, I want to say that I don't think it is up to me to
    >>tell people what format to send their emails out in, but rather to
    >>tell those people what formats i'm prepared to receive should they
    >>ever want to write me. A subtle but very important difference, I'm
    >>sure you'll agree.
    >>

    > There's a problem with that. Unless you know that someone is going to email
    > you beforehand, you can't tell them you don't accept HTML mail! Very often
    > the first you know about it is when this whopping great email arrives,
    > unannounced, in your inbox.

    Give a little credit to the one sending the email. If I don't know the
    person to whom I'm writing, I would be highly unlikely to use html. I
    take the intended recipient into account. For those new to email, no
    doubt they'll err and be told in no uncertain terms that their html mail
    was not appreciated.

    Additionally, I think that today far more are on broadband than
    previously. Thus the argument that it will take forever to download this
    html mail is not "as" relevant as it was a few years back. Albeit, it
    still helps to know your intended audience. I really don't see IM as a
    problem. As I said before, I no longer use it but my son and his wife
    (as well as two of my colleagues) do and when I receive mail from them,
    I enjoy the little extra touches. It's just me (and it might be "just"
    the OP as well). Like I said, "different strokes..."

    "James" <leushinonospam@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Give a little credit to the one sending the email.

    Unfortunately, whilst you may be sufficiently informed to do that,
    Inredimail has gained the reputation of being used by many many people who
    don't!

    Gordon wrote:
    > "James" <leushinonospam@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Give a little credit to the one sending the email.
    >

    > Unfortunately, whilst you may be sufficiently informed to do that,
    > Inredimail has gained the reputation of being used by many many people who
    > don't!

    Really? And where did you gather the stats to support that contention?
    Or is it just hearsay?

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:19:20 -0700, James <leushinonospam@gmail.com>

    >...as for people not wanting to receive html email... that's your call.

    I'd prefer to avoid receiving HTML, as HTML can contain:
    - autorunning scripts
    - malware that exploits defects in MS's HTML handler
    - misleading fake URL text over links that go somewhere else
    - call-homes to remote graphics ("spam this guy, he's reading!")

    I prefer not to send email, because I think it's presumptious to say
    "I'm sure you trust me to potentially try to run scripts on your PC
    etc. while you read my 'message', not so?"

    OTOH, as a Eudora user with "Use Microsoft Viewer" disabled and remote
    graphics set not to display, HTML poses no particular risks to me.

    >-- Risk Management is the clue that asks:
    "Why do I keep open buckets of petrol next to all the
    ashtrays in the lounge, when I don't even have a car?"

    cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:19:20 -0700, James <leushinonospam@gmail.com>
    >

    >>...as for people not wanting to receive html email... that's your call.
    >

    > I'd prefer to avoid receiving HTML, as HTML can contain:
    > - autorunning scripts
    > - malware that exploits defects in MS's HTML handler
    > - misleading fake URL text over links that go somewhere else
    > - call-homes to remote graphics ("spam this guy, he's reading!")
    >
    > I prefer not to send email, because I think it's presumptious to say
    > "I'm sure you trust me to potentially try to run scripts on your PC
    > etc. while you read my 'message', not so?"
    >
    > OTOH, as a Eudora user with "Use Microsoft Viewer" disabled and remote
    > graphics set not to display, HTML poses no particular risks to me.
    >

    >>-- Risk Management is the clue that asks:
    >
    > "Why do I keep open buckets of petrol next to all the
    > ashtrays in the lounge, when I don't even have a car?"
    >
    >>----------------------- ------ ---- --- -- - - - -

    Like I said, "Different strokes for different folks." You prefer one
    thing, I happen to prefer another. End of story.

    On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:53:14 +0100, James wrote
    (in article <#kmLPpCmFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>):

    > Robert Moir wrote:
    >> James wrote:

    >>> LOL... hey, Gord, different strokes for different...
    >>>
    >>> I might just as easily have remarked that your thoughts are by no
    >>> means the "measure of all things", right? Because you and a few
    >>> others posting here don't like html mail and the bells and whistles
    >>> offered by IM, does not translate into IM being bad program. As you
    >>> can see from my user agent string, I share your views regarding
    >>> Thunderbird. But by no means would I attempt to dissuade someone else
    >>> from using OE or Free Agent by ascribing some sort of "sad
    >>> commentary" to such usage. Lighten up, Man.
    >>

    >> Well said.
    >>
    >> As the person who wrote the first and I think most venomous comment about
    >> HTML mail, I want to say that I don't think it is up to me to tell people
    >> what format to send their emails out in, but rather to tell those people
    >> what formats i'm prepared to receive should they ever want to write me. A
    >> subtle but very important difference, I'm sure you'll agree.
    >>

    > ABsolutely (and I like your attitude). :-)

    A very close friend actively sought out an email client that would only
    accept email in plain text - it bounces HTML back to the source. I know
    because he forgot to tell me and the first three emails I sent him bounced -
    until he enlightened me. I respect this - HTML can harbour all kinds of
    nasties (not a problem for those of us who don't use Windoze) and is bloated
    (he only has a single line ISDN connection - he can't afford to use both
    lines).

    I respect his views - and think they're valid. I have now set my client to
    only send in plain text.

    On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:20:05 +0100, Gordon wrote
    (in article <eHdHzZDmFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>):

    > "James" <leushinonospam@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >> Give a little credit to the one sending the email.
    >
    > Unfortunately, whilst you may be sufficiently informed to do that,
    > Inredimail has gained the reputation of being used by many many people who
    > don't!

    Bit like AOHELL... ;o) <eg>

    WhY do you bother? No one cares what the likes of a troll like you has to
    say.
    http://tinyurl.com/az88m
    "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
    IFC

    Evadne Cake wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:20:05 +0100, Gordon wrote
    > (in article <eHdHzZDmFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>):
    >

    >>"James" <leushinonospam@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Give a little credit to the one sending the email.
    >>
    >>Unfortunately, whilst you may be sufficiently informed to do that,
    >>Inredimail has gained the reputation of being used by many many people who
    >>don't!
    >>

    > Bit like AOHELL... ;o) <eg>

    No, it is not like AOL. You simply do not "get it" nor does the other
    responder. Let's try it again, slowly this time.

    Incredimail is a perfectly valid email client. Tens of thousands of
    people employ it to communicate with family and friends. As I mentioned
    earlier, my son uses it as do several of my friends and co-workers. Most
    of these people have broadband (as do I) and it is not a problem for any
    of us in terms of speed. Yes, it "can be" more cumbersome for those on
    dial-up but even then it does not take forever to download. As for it
    harboring some nefarious "nasties" as it were, I've been corresponding
    with the above for nearly seven years now and none of us have ever had
    such occur. Nasties can come in all manner of email clients today so one
    has to take precautionary steps regardless of the email program. There
    is no shortcut to common sense.

    I no longer use Incredimail myself although I purchased it so I have a
    lifetime license with the company. I must admit to enjoying the email I
    receive from those with Incredimail but it is not enough to induce me to
    return to the program.

    If you don't like the program, that's your business. There's no need to
    demonize it... no need to predict all manner of evil ensuing when one
    uses it. It does not have the "bad" reputation another poster ascribed
    to it. It's simply an html email client that some prefer and others do
    not. End of story.

    James wrote:
    > WhY do you bother? No one cares what the likes of a troll like you

    "Evadne Cake" isn't really a troll. If you REALLY want to know all about
    trolling, just hang out in comp.os.linux.advocacy for a while!

Windows XP