Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TZ Pinball Powers Off - HELP!! - 1st Pinball

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:44:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I just purchased my first Pin...A very nice looking Twilight Zone. It
plays and works perfectly 90% of the time. However, occasionaly,
during a game the power goes off and back on. Game resets.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions on what to look for to fix??

Thank You,
Jim
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:48:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Thank's for the link to Marvins site. I do have a lot of things
plugged into this circuit. Multi-cade machine, small 3.5 foot tall
refrigerator/freezer, as well as the TZ Pinball. I have noticed that
the random resetting does tend to occour more often with high action on
the playfield such as multi-ball, and one or more balls on the mini
playfield, etc. Based on this, do you feel it is more of a home
circuit problem? If so, that would be an easy fix as I could run a
dedicated line to my nearby fuse box.

Thanks,
Jim
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:55:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Thanks guys, right now my kids are playing both the Multi-Cade game
and the Pinball and the TZ is resetting every game or two. Way more
than before. I will unplug everything and play the TZ and see what
happens and report back.

Thanks,
Jim
Related resources
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 3:52:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

jhwilsonsc wrote:
> I just purchased my first Pin...A very nice looking Twilight Zone. It
> plays and works perfectly 90% of the time. However, occasionaly,
> during a game the power goes off and back on. Game resets.
>
> Can anyone offer me any suggestions on what to look for to fix??
>
> Thank You,
> Jim
>


Look here.

http://marvin3m.com/wpc/index2.htm#reset


Rick Swanson
June 11, 2005 3:55:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Check the voltage at the wall. Make sure it is not plugged into a line that
also has a frig or air conditioner or any other high draw item on it.

Check the connectors on the right side of the driver board(J101/102) for
brown/burned connectors.

Read marvin.

Google this group for discussions on resets.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118504676.337215.112830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I just purchased my first Pin...A very nice looking Twilight Zone. It
> plays and works perfectly 90% of the time. However, occasionaly,
> during a game the power goes off and back on. Game resets.
>
> Can anyone offer me any suggestions on what to look for to fix??
>
> Thank You,
> Jim
>
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:36:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I have followed everyone's advice and I turned off the circuit breaker
and discovered that my computer, big screen tv, and Home thatre are
also on the same circuit. I unplugged everything except the TZ
pinball.

We played 20 games with no reset. Working great...until I had a good
game going and hit the Lost in the Zone mode and during that mode with
all balls on the playfield and a new high score, the machine reset.
Since then, no more resets, but we haven't hit the Lost in the zone
mode again either.

What are your thoughts now? I definitely need to run the new line due
to the number of items on the current circuit. I am sure if the tv and
stereo were on, I would probably trip the circuit breaker, but now I am
concerned about the reset during the power intensive Lost in the Zone
mode.

Thanks,Jim
June 11, 2005 5:07:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

You need a solid 120v going to the machine and from the driver board/bridge
rectifiers you need a solid 5 v going to the Cpu. If the Cpu doesn't get the
clean 5v, you get the resets.

Dropping voltage at the outlet due to high draw items(frig or a/c) on the
line will cause resets. That is a problem with the power at the wall. Fixed
with a dedicated line if the power in your house is good. Some houses have
low voltage everywhere. That is a power company issue.

Personally, I like to start at the wall and work to the machine and then
from the cabinet of the machine to the driver board. Suspect all connectors
along the way.

If I were you, I would put a voltmeter on the outlet and open that mini frig
and see if the voltage drops when the compressor kicks in. If the voltage
drops below about 115, I would consider a dedicated line. Or plug the mini
frig into a different line. Or unplug the mini frig and play the game and
see what happens.

Start by ruling out the wall outlet.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118508533.805924.266440@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Thank's for the link to Marvins site. I do have a lot of things
> plugged into this circuit. Multi-cade machine, small 3.5 foot tall
> refrigerator/freezer, as well as the TZ Pinball. I have noticed that
> the random resetting does tend to occour more often with high action on
> the playfield such as multi-ball, and one or more balls on the mini
> playfield, etc. Based on this, do you feel it is more of a home
> circuit problem? If so, that would be an easy fix as I could run a
> dedicated line to my nearby fuse box.
June 11, 2005 6:12:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Unplug the frig.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118512557.248491.322860@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks guys, right now my kids are playing both the Multi-Cade game
> and the Pinball and the TZ is resetting every game or two. Way more
> than before. I will unplug everything and play the TZ and see what
> happens and report back.
June 11, 2005 9:02:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Jim, do this as an experiment. Right now, plug everything off that you have
on the same circuit, just for a little while, or reroute it to another
circuit. Play the game. Still resetting? You found your problem. If you have
a multimeter, measure the voltage at the wall, TZs are finicky with their
voltages. If the game is still resetting, the problem is more likely within
the machine itself then the house wiring. Post back the results, and we'll
help you troubleshoot further.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118508533.805924.266440@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Thank's for the link to Marvins site. I do have a lot of things
> plugged into this circuit. Multi-cade machine, small 3.5 foot tall
> refrigerator/freezer, as well as the TZ Pinball. I have noticed that
> the random resetting does tend to occour more often with high action on
> the playfield such as multi-ball, and one or more balls on the mini
> playfield, etc. Based on this, do you feel it is more of a home
> circuit problem? If so, that would be an easy fix as I could run a
> dedicated line to my nearby fuse box.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:47:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Thanks! I plugged in a multitester into the electrical socket and when
the TZ is turned off, I am at 119.9 to 120 volts. When I turn on the
power to the pinball, voltage drops to 116.8. Is this normal??

I will trace back and plug/unplug everything you recommend and report
back.

THANK YOU! for your halp. I am brand new to the world of pinball
ownership and want to enjoy my new pin asap.

Jim
June 11, 2005 9:50:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

You probably have mulitple issues with the wall power being the first. You
may want to quantify the wall socket issue by measuring the voltage there.

Track the power to the box in the lower right coner of the cab, to the
transformer, then up to the playfield. Pull and reseat all connectors.

Replace any connectors that look brown or burned or anything. Also replace
associated header pins.

Also give the connectors at the right side of the driver board a good look.
J101/102. Pull and reseat. Replace connectors and header pins if there is
heat damage(yellow/brown/brittle).

A Litz reset points to the game pulling down the voltage--lots of high load
soleniods firing. You may eventually have to replace a couple BRs and caps
and put down jumpers between them for insurance.

I don't think you are there yet. My guess is you still have a wall voltage
problem and dirty/burned connectors. Measure the wall voltage and then trace
the power from the wall to the cabinet to the head. Pull and reseat any
connectors along the way. In fact, pull and reseat each one three times.

Btw, make sure the machine is unplugged when you do the above.


Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118518603.425404.36930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I have followed everyone's advice and I turned off the circuit breaker
> and discovered that my computer, big screen tv, and Home thatre are
> also on the same circuit. I unplugged everything except the TZ
> pinball.
>
> We played 20 games with no reset. Working great...until I had a good
> game going and hit the Lost in the Zone mode and during that mode with
> all balls on the playfield and a new high score, the machine reset.
> Since then, no more resets, but we haven't hit the Lost in the zone
> mode again either.
>
> What are your thoughts now? I definitely need to run the new line due
> to the number of items on the current circuit. I am sure if the tv and
> stereo were on, I would probably trip the circuit breaker, but now I am
> concerned about the reset during the power intensive Lost in the Zone
> mode.
>
> Thanks,Jim
>
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:11:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I had an electrican come in and run a dedicated 20 amp circuit to my garage
to run a TZ, STTNG , two neon beer signs, and 200 watts of other lighting,
plus the garage door opener when needed and an electronic dartboard and
cheap cd boombox.

I dont have problems with resets, of course I dont use the opener when the
games are being played and the rest of the stuff on the circuit cant be more
than 500 watts total, excepting the opener.

I have had problems in the past with game shorts causing resets, but not
line voltage. I run 118 at the wall.

D

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118504676.337215.112830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I just purchased my first Pin...A very nice looking Twilight Zone. It
> plays and works perfectly 90% of the time. However, occasionaly,
> during a game the power goes off and back on. Game resets.
>
> Can anyone offer me any suggestions on what to look for to fix??
>
> Thank You,
> Jim
>
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:21:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

There is an adjustment that will cut off the magnets
on the mini pf during LITZ that you can use until you
sort out your power problems.

Check your game manual for details.

--
Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
******************




"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in part of message news:1118518603.425404.36930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> What are your thoughts now? I definitely need to run the new line due
> to the number of items on the current circuit. I am sure if the tv and
> stereo were on, I would probably trip the circuit breaker, but now I am
> concerned about the reset during the power intensive Lost in the Zone
> mode.
>
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:04:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Sigh! :o )
Check the easy things first.
<http://www.thegrahams.freeserv­e.co.uk/chris/pinball/tz/tz_re­sets.htm>
and if that fails
<http://www.thegrahams.freeserv­e.co.uk/chris/pinball/tz/tz_st­atus.htm>

Chris....
TZ/TAF Owners pages:- http://www20.brinkster.com/ugg/pinball
TZ/WH20 Pages:- http://www.thegrahams.freeserve.co.uk/chris/pinball
*****************************************************************************************************

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118518603.425404.36930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I have followed everyone's advice and I turned off the circuit breaker
> and discovered that my computer, big screen tv, and Home thatre are
> also on the same circuit. I unplugged everything except the TZ
> pinball.
>
> We played 20 games with no reset. Working great...until I had a good
> game going and hit the Lost in the Zone mode and during that mode with
> all balls on the playfield and a new high score, the machine reset.
> Since then, no more resets, but we haven't hit the Lost in the zone
> mode again either.
>
> What are your thoughts now? I definitely need to run the new line due
> to the number of items on the current circuit. I am sure if the tv and
> stereo were on, I would probably trip the circuit breaker, but now I am
> concerned about the reset during the power intensive Lost in the Zone
> mode.
>
> Thanks,Jim
>
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:21:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Problem still comes & goes, but does reset less when everything else on
the circuit is turned off. I was going to check the boards & circuits,
but for some reason the back board lock will not turn all the way...It
will turn about 45 degrees and stop. This is frustrating as now I
can't get into the boards to view.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your help/
Jim
June 12, 2005 1:44:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

That voltage drop is a bit too much for my tastes. With LITZ up, you
could hit 112V. Do you have a long heavy-duty power cord that you could
use to try the TZ on another circuit? If you have the 9.4H ROM
(recommended) you can get to LITZ and test it. Voltage readings would
also be helpful.

Also, what does the wall socket voltage read when the other stuff is
turned on and running?
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:40:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I am going to install a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the TZ and see
what happens. I will also purchase the 9.4 H ROM and install and see
if it works when I force it into the LITZ action. I just have to
figure how to get the backglass lock open because the lock will only
partly turn. Any ideas on dealing with the "lock" problem?

Thanks,
Jim
June 12, 2005 9:05:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Remove the lock plate and the entire assembly will come down.

You probably need a security torx bit. It is a star shaped bit with a hole
in the center. If you look at the two screws holding the plate in you will
see what you need.

You may also play around with the current lock and lifting/moving the
translite as able to see if you can get the cam to turn. It is not rocket
science but something appears to be binding. That lock turns a cam similar
to the one that latches on the coin door. The metal piece turns and goes
over the translite so that it can not be lifted up and out.

Be careful not to get too aggressive with the translite and glass--you don't
want to break anything.

You might also want to check inside the coin door and see if there are any
other keys. There may be one in there that will turn the lock.

Good luck.

My bet is you have some toasty brown connectors in there. The first ones I
would eyeball are J101 and 102 on the top right side of the driver board.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118608858.059478.50220@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I am going to install a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the TZ and see
> what happens. I will also purchase the 9.4 H ROM and install and see
> if it works when I force it into the LITZ action. I just have to
> figure how to get the backglass lock open because the lock will only
> partly turn. Any ideas on dealing with the "lock" problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
June 13, 2005 3:18:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Otto's trick of removing the screws is a good one. You could jiggle and
turn a bit harder, but you don't want to bend the key or mess up the
translite.

TZ doesn't need 20A. 4A is plenty. Those voltage drops suggest a
different circuit problem that should be resolved.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 9:49:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Martin,

When you say "Those voltage drops suggest a different circuit problem
that should be resolved". Do you mean a circuit problem in the house
or in the pinball machine?

Thanks,
Jim
June 13, 2005 5:57:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I mean, in the house wiring. Thin wiring; a poor connection; an overly
long run; would be my primary suspects. That's why I am suggesting a
long extension cord and another outlet, to see if the voltage drop goes
away..
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 12:20:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

There are a LOT of receptacles & two overhead lights on this circuit.
In fact, when my kids were playing pinball today, I noticed the lights
in an nearby bedroom would dim at times.

Tuesday, I have an electrician coming to run a new circuit. I will run
the TZ on it for a while and see how it works being on a new, dedicated
circuit which I will have the electrician do some tests with the
Pinball on.

This machine continues to frustrate me. Tonight, I had multiball and
it reset. Several hours later, I scored 700K and entered the Lost in
the Zone mode and it didn't reset. Go figure??
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 12:31:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Otto,

I have tried, and I can't get to the boards. The lock is binding and I
tried going up between the translite and the wood and pushing up or
pulling down on the mechanism doesn't realease it. Where do I get a
security torx bit (with the center hole)? I tried Home Depot in
Charlotte tonight, but they do not sell them. I would like to take a
look at the connections as you suggested.

Thanks,
Jim

PS: I see you use Bellsouth, you aren't from around Charlotte by any
chance are you?
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 7:44:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Sometimes just wiggling the key will help. Also when you think you
have it all the way in, there's usually another click on those backbox
locks!

Here's a link to Sears with the Torx security bits:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=...



On 13 Jun 2005 20:31:38 -0700, "jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Otto,
>
>I have tried, and I can't get to the boards. The lock is binding and I
>tried going up between the translite and the wood and pushing up or
>pulling down on the mechanism doesn't realease it. Where do I get a
>security torx bit (with the center hole)? I tried Home Depot in
>Charlotte tonight, but they do not sell them. I would like to take a
>look at the connections as you suggested.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim
>
>PS: I see you use Bellsouth, you aren't from around Charlotte by any
>chance are you?
June 14, 2005 7:55:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Twilight Zone is the most finicky pinball machines when it comes to
voltages. It doesn't like spikes (others seem to tolerate it much better),
and it doesn't like when the voltage drops below 115V. make sure you let the
electrician know all this. There are some surge suppressors, or whatever
they call them the word escapes me now, Google for it, that are out there on
the market, doing the same thing.

Best of luck and enjoy your machine.
Adi
www.txpinball.com


"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118719255.555121.52000@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> There are a LOT of receptacles & two overhead lights on this circuit.
> In fact, when my kids were playing pinball today, I noticed the lights
> in an nearby bedroom would dim at times.
>
> Tuesday, I have an electrician coming to run a new circuit. I will run
> the TZ on it for a while and see how it works being on a new, dedicated
> circuit which I will have the electrician do some tests with the
> Pinball on.
>
> This machine continues to frustrate me. Tonight, I had multiball and
> it reset. Several hours later, I scored 700K and entered the Lost in
> the Zone mode and it didn't reset. Go figure??
>
June 14, 2005 11:40:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Here is the first link that came up with Google.

http://www.wihatools.com/701serie.htm

I am sure there are many others.

You may be able to get them locally at Sears or another hardware store.

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118719898.652422.115430@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Otto,
>
> I have tried, and I can't get to the boards. The lock is binding and I
> tried going up between the translite and the wood and pushing up or
> pulling down on the mechanism doesn't realease it. Where do I get a
> security torx bit (with the center hole)? I tried Home Depot in
> Charlotte tonight, but they do not sell them. I would like to take a
> look at the connections as you suggested.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> PS: I see you use Bellsouth, you aren't from around Charlotte by any
> chance are you?
>
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 4:59:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

For info on causes and solutions of reset problems like this, see our
website at: www.actionpinball.com in the Technical Articles section. We
have an article that talks about the dozens of possibilities for this
problem and the common remedies.

Ray J
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Web: www.actionpinball.com

We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!



<adi@txpinball.com> wrote in message
news:Hysre.1762$ks4.1205@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
> Twilight Zone is the most finicky pinball machines when it comes to
> voltages. It doesn't like spikes (others seem to tolerate it much better),
> and it doesn't like when the voltage drops below 115V. make sure you let
the
> electrician know all this. There are some surge suppressors, or whatever
> they call them the word escapes me now, Google for it, that are out there
on
> the market, doing the same thing.
>
> Best of luck and enjoy your machine.
> Adi
> www.txpinball.com
>
>
> "jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1118719255.555121.52000@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> > There are a LOT of receptacles & two overhead lights on this circuit.
> > In fact, when my kids were playing pinball today, I noticed the lights
> > in an nearby bedroom would dim at times.
> >
> > Tuesday, I have an electrician coming to run a new circuit. I will run
> > the TZ on it for a while and see how it works being on a new, dedicated
> > circuit which I will have the electrician do some tests with the
> > Pinball on.
> >
> > This machine continues to frustrate me. Tonight, I had multiball and
> > it reset. Several hours later, I scored 700K and entered the Lost in
> > the Zone mode and it didn't reset. Go figure??
> >
>
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 8:08:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Found the right torx bit an removed the translite. I unplugged and
looked at every connector. The only burned one I saw was the top Red
wire on J101. Other than that, all were very clean and no viewable
damage. How do I go about replacing this connector?

I had the new circuit installed today and have been running so far with
no resets. Only played about 6 games though. I did have the
electrician measure the circuit voltage while I played the pin. The
lowest it dropped to was 118.5 during a multiball with the upper
playfield active.

I hope my problem is solved, but we will see. I hope to have the new
9.4H rom tomorrow so I can force it into LITZ and really test the reset
issue. Where exactly do I install the new ROM chip. I looked in the
back box but was unsure exactly which one it was, even with a diagram I
saw on another website.

Thanks,
Jim
June 15, 2005 1:10:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

http://marvin3m.com/connect/index.htm


Time well spent and it is something you must learn to do if you want to fix
your own games.


Have Fun!!

Enjoy!!

Otto

CARGPB11

My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118790492.026082.230840@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Found the right torx bit an removed the translite. I unplugged and
> looked at every connector. The only burned one I saw was the top Red
> wire on J101. Other than that, all were very clean and no viewable
> damage. How do I go about replacing this connector?
June 15, 2005 4:45:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

You install it on the CPU board. it is the long skinny board on the left, it
has 3 LED lights on it and 4 AA batteries. The position is U6. To see how it
looks like go here:
http://www.txpinball.com/dead_cpu_fixing.html

You will be able to see the U6 position in the pictorial there. It is very
important to put the new ROM chip the correct way, not backwards. The chip
that is in there now (socketed), has a notch on one side that corresponds to
the notch on the board. You have to put a new chip in the same way. To
remove the old chip use a small blade screwdriver and VERY GENTLY pry it
out. Then, VERY GENTLY put the new chip in and make sure it fits the socket
properly. It will be best if you don't do all this with the board still in
the backbox. Disconnect it and take it out and do the swap, then put it back
and reconnect. It is not really hard, if you're careful and take your time.
Best of luck and please post back if you have any additional questions.

Adi
www.txpinball.com


"jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118790492.026082.230840@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Found the right torx bit an removed the translite. I unplugged and
> looked at every connector. The only burned one I saw was the top Red
> wire on J101. Other than that, all were very clean and no viewable
> damage. How do I go about replacing this connector?
>
> I had the new circuit installed today and have been running so far with
> no resets. Only played about 6 games though. I did have the
> electrician measure the circuit voltage while I played the pin. The
> lowest it dropped to was 118.5 during a multiball with the upper
> playfield active.
>
> I hope my problem is solved, but we will see. I hope to have the new
> 9.4H rom tomorrow so I can force it into LITZ and really test the reset
> issue. Where exactly do I install the new ROM chip. I looked in the
> back box but was unsure exactly which one it was, even with a diagram I
> saw on another website.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
!