Linda

Hi
I need some help please. I had a virus or something and am now clean.

The problem now is I only get an explorer window. There is no desktop and
no taskbar. I also do not have a start button even when pressing alt esc or
the windows key. This is exactly the same in the safe mode.

I can get to almost anything through this explorer window. In fact I can
run regedit and various other programs by pressing cntrl alt del.

I can not use restore since I turned off my system restore to clean my virus
and now I do not have any previous restore dates.

Any ideas???

If I were in your position, I would backup my data files to removable media, then format
the drive and do a clean install of Windows XP.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"linda" <iamoutofit.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I need some help please. I had a virus or something and am now clean.
>
> The problem now is I only get an explorer window. There is no desktop and
> no taskbar. I also do not have a start button even when pressing alt esc or
> the windows key. This is exactly the same in the safe mode.
>
> I can get to almost anything through this explorer window. In fact I can
> run regedit and various other programs by pressing cntrl alt del.
>
> I can not use restore since I turned off my system restore to clean my virus
> and now I do not have any previous restore dates.
>
> Any ideas???

Line 117 – Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

or Line #195 "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar"