Sign in with
Your question

Internet TV via HTPC?

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 29, 2010 2:53:45 AM

So I have a nice i5 HTPC with a 5770. Its great quality, a 1080p on my 60" Mitsubishi and I've mostly been watching my TV Shows that are on the HDD almost 2000+ hours on TV Shows and movies that I have. I downloaded TVU Player and its nice and all but I dont want to sign an agreement with DirectTV or Dish. Its $40 a month for the first 12 months and then $70 for the last 12 months via direcTV and Dish is about the same. Is there any Internet TV other than Hulu and Youtube?

More about : internet htpc

September 29, 2010 12:14:11 PM

It depends on the TV shows you are looking for. At my home, we only get over-the-air TV through the HTPC. Hulu is the next source for TV followed by Netflix. Anything else that we can't get is purchased as a season pass through iTunes or Amazon.com.

By purchasing only the shows we actually care about, our monthly bill is lower than when we were paying for 200+ channels of crap.

The biggest drawback to the way TV is watched at my home is live sports. MLB has MLB.TV, but the other big sports don't seem to have a good internet delivery system yet.
m
l
October 4, 2010 1:57:54 AM

rwpritchett said:
It depends on the TV shows you are looking for. At my home, we only get over-the-air TV through the HTPC. Hulu is the next source for TV followed by Netflix. Anything else that we can't get is purchased as a season pass through iTunes or Amazon.com.

By purchasing only the shows we actually care about, our monthly bill is lower than when we were paying for 200+ channels of crap.

The biggest drawback to the way TV is watched at my home is live sports. MLB has MLB.TV, but the other big sports don't seem to have a good internet delivery system yet.

alright thanks for the ideas. Iam really thinking about just going back to DirecTV........ :cry: 
m
l
!