Creating Recovery CD

How do I make a system recovery cd when everytime I click on the
recovery wizard an error comes up saying
"Recovery Wizard cannot find the recovery partition"....I have viruses
all on my comp and need to reinstall XP....
Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about creating recovery

    That is one of the problems one encounters when a Windows XP CD, or Recovery CDs are not
    included with a system. Sometimes when a system is infected, or corrupt, the recovery
    partition cannot be accessed. Usually such systems with the setup files on another
    partition advise to make a Recovery CD for just such an event. But, many people are
    unaware that this feature is available for them. Maybe there should be a screen when one
    is setting up such a system, advising to make a Recovery CD ASAP. A client just got a new
    DELL. Until recently, DELL used to ship DELL OEM Windows XP CDs with their systems. But,
    she only got a blue card advising to Recover from the hidden partition where the setup
    files are located, or to visit a specific DELL web site for more information and other
    options. I expected to get there and find that for a small shipping fee that one could
    purchase a DELL OEM Windows XP CD, or Recovery CDs. But, that option was not available.
    After searching around the site, I found the information about creating a Recovery CD
    using the system itself. I created that Recovery CD, and it turned out to be exactly like
    the OEM Windows XP CD that DELL used to ship with their systems. Both I and the client
    feel a bit more secure now, knowing we can make repair installs, or do a clean install
    from that CD. As for your problem: If you cannot create a Recovery CD, get with tech
    support of the maker of the system. If they cannot correct their wizard problem, they
    will probably ship you a Recovery CD. If it is a BRAND NEW system, I would ask for a
    replacement, or a refund if they cannot correct the problem.
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    parhameric wrote:

    > How do I make a system recovery cd when everytime I click on the
    > recovery wizard an error comes up saying
    > "Recovery Wizard cannot find the recovery partition"....I have viruses
    > all on my comp and need to reinstall XP....
    > Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

    Contact the system mftr. (Dell, Sony, whatever) and ask them or look on
    their website for tech support for your specific model computer.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    No. DELL has been using recovery partitions for over a year.

    In news:Oc4$L%233lFHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    BrianC <no@no.com> typed:

    > No. DELL has been using recovery partitions for over a year.

    I'm not an expert on what Dell does or when they change their
    practices, but I can speak of my own experience. I bought a
    laptop from Dell less than a year ago (last October) and it came,
    not with a recovery partition, but with a complete OEM Windows XP
    installation CD.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > In news:Oc4$L%233lFHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > BrianC <no@no.com> typed:
    >
    > > No. DELL has been using recovery partitions for over a year.
    >

    > I'm not an expert on what Dell does or when they change their
    > practices, but I can speak of my own experience. I bought a
    > laptop from Dell less than a year ago (last October) and it came,
    > not with a recovery partition, but with a complete OEM Windows XP
    > installation CD.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ditto. That is why the recent arrival with the recovery partition was a surprise.
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    Malke wrote:
    > parhameric wrote:
    >

    >>How do I make a system recovery cd when everytime I click on the
    >>recovery wizard an error comes up saying
    >>"Recovery Wizard cannot find the recovery partition"....I have viruses
    >>all on my comp and need to reinstall XP....
    >>Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
    >

    > Contact the system mftr. (Dell, Sony, whatever) and ask them or look on
    > their website for tech support for your specific model computer.
    >
    > Malke
    I had an experience with a two year old Dell desktop. Hard drive failed,
    client had not made a recovery disk from a hidden partion on the hard
    drive. Long story short Dell support told me and the client that they
    din't supply recovery disk nor did they have a means of supplying a new
    hard drive already imaged. Dell support said to go out and buy a new
    copy of the operating system or buy a new system. Dell has no customer
    support anymore as far as myself and my client are concerned. Replacing
    the OS wasn't the big issue it was loosing all of the preinstalled
    software that came with her system. For the cost of the OS and lost
    software she elected to buy a new system rather than fix the old,
    needless to say it wasn't another Dell. Yes, she should have made her
    own recovery disks but hind sight is 20/20.

    OUCH, I bought a cheapo HP system as a display unit from Wal-Mart.
    It had the option to make recovery CDs, which I did...8 of them to the set.
    If you don't have a recovery or OEM CD...get busy NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

    --
    For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
    "Fuzzy" <pawpaw7@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Malke wrote:
    >> parhameric wrote:
    >>

    >>>How do I make a system recovery cd when everytime I click on the
    >>>recovery wizard an error comes up saying
    >>>"Recovery Wizard cannot find the recovery partition"....I have viruses
    >>>all on my comp and need to reinstall XP....
    >>>Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
    >>

    >> Contact the system mftr. (Dell, Sony, whatever) and ask them or look on
    >> their website for tech support for your specific model computer.
    >>
    >> Malke
    > I had an experience with a two year old Dell desktop. Hard drive failed,
    > client had not made a recovery disk from a hidden partion on the hard
    > drive. Long story short Dell support told me and the client that they
    > din't supply recovery disk nor did they have a means of supplying a new
    > hard drive already imaged. Dell support said to go out and buy a new copy
    > of the operating system or buy a new system. Dell has no customer support
    > anymore as far as myself and my client are concerned. Replacing the OS
    > wasn't the big issue it was loosing all of the preinstalled software that
    > came with her system. For the cost of the OS and lost software she elected
    > to buy a new system rather than fix the old, needless to say it wasn't
    > another Dell. Yes, she should have made her own recovery disks but hind
    > sight is 20/20.

Data Recovery CD-Rom System Recovery Windows XP